F1 2013 Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Lonemagpie, Jan 1, 2013.

1. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

So how many cars do we think Canada's wall of Champions will claim this year?

2. Geckothan

Geckothan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh great it's starting to chuck it down and Brat Boy is at the top. Fuck off.

EDIT: Aaaaand he stays up there. What a shame.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  3. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I see Grosjean has been complaing about his 10 place grid penalty for causing a crash at Monaco. He should be thankful it wasn't another race ban. If he's invovled into many more incidents the FIA might decide he hasn't learned his lsson and give him another race ban, though I would go for a 3 race ban.

4. Geckothan

I would just revoke his Super Licence, so that he can be instantly replaced with someone that can actually complete a race weekend without driving into something/someone. Either that, or give him special protection if he agrees to pull his shit together and limit his crashing to punting Vettel off.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  5. Geckothan

Oh look, a Shitfinger procession. Yawn.

EDIT: LOLOLOL at Shitfinger getting booed on the podium (and a few boos for EJ as well I'm pretty sure).

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  6. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well it did have some action. Quite a few drive thru penalties, even the lesser spotted 10 second stop/go penalty.

Di Resta did well to finish 7th from 17th. Did Rosberg have a problem as Lewis seemed to manage his tyres better.

7. Geckothan

Not too eventful by Canada standards, though.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well if you mean no SC then yes it was. But next up Silverstone and the British GP the home circuit for most of the teams.

9. Geckothan

A marshal has died apparently, from injuries received in an accident when clearing up Gutierrez's car. What an awful way for the weekend to finish.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  10. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

11. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

12. Geckothan

Red Bull, F1's biggest serial cheaters of recent years... fear of breaking rules? HAH! Christian Horner just can't stop changing his story, can he? I notice Vettel has stopped whining about the tyres now that he's won again on them as well. Bunch of clowns at Red Bullshit Racing...

13. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

We shall just have to see what happens. If Mercedes are in possession of a letter from the FIA granting them permission to test with a 2013 car then Mercedes should be in the clear.

Based on what happened with Renault and "Crashgate" a few years back which arguble brought the sport in disrupte nothing will really happen to Mercedes. The crashagte saga in my opinion was far worse than the spygate saga and yet Renault got away with it and MacLaren didn't.

14. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

And in Vettel extends with RBR for the 2015 season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22865133

The big question is will Vettel have a new team-mate next season and will that be.

Kimi is a possibility but would Vettel really want another World Champion in the same team as him? I wouldn't think so, so who out of the rest of field could replace Webber? Di Resta springs to mind.

15. Geckothan

Not long until Le Mans. Anyone going to attempt an all-nighter? I tried it last year and ended sleeping for a couple of hours 4 AM-ish. Don't think I'll be trying it again this year (I'll probably take a couple of naps early in the morning and time them so that I can catch the highlights of whatever happened while I was asleep).

16. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

17. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

oh no :( hope his treatment goes well

18. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well from the reports it looks like they caught it early.

19. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Looks like we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out the result of the tyre test that Peirelli conducted.

20. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Both Pierelli and Mercedes have been reprimanded for the Tyre Test, and Mercedes have been excluded from the young driver test this year.

Cost are to be shared by Pierelli, Mercedes and the FIA.

So it's basically a slap on the wrist, so it looks that in Part the tribunal that the FIA was partially at fault as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22999260

Come on after the much more serious crashgate saga from a few years ago, did we really expect much to happen in terms of punishment?