Guest Characters You'd Like To See Return

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by CmndrSela318, Jan 15, 2015.

1. CmndrSela318

CmndrSela318 Trek BBS Commander Number 318. Red Shirt

When I say "guest characters", I'm talking about like Mr. Copper in "Voyage of the Damned" or Jenny in "The Doctor's Daughter" or that little boy George from "Night Terrors". That's a few examples.
    For me, I'd like to see the current doctor [Peter Capaldi] cross pathes with Jenny.
    So, Doctor Who fans, who would you like to see again?

2. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Going back a ways, I keep hoping to see Isobel Watkins (Turner?) from "The Invasion" come back. (I always thought they should have put her on The Sarah Jane Adventures as Sarah Jane's editor.)

I have some ideas about bringing back Professor Malcolm Taylor from "Planet of the Dead," but this time as a villain.

And what's Sally Sparrow been up to lately? (Besides being a massive movie star who's too big for TV, I suppose.)

3. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, Jenny would be cool to see.

From this last Season, I'd like to see the Time Heist guests again.

I half expected the Doctor was going to go back and pick up Journey Blue some time end of the Season when Clara left to be with Danny, (after Danny had shown the Doctor Soldiers aren't all bad) (But, Danny didn't even actually travel with the Doctor, as I initially expected when he was announced). But, I wouldn't mind seeing her again

Really bummed about some we can't have back, such as Astrid, Lynda, Osgood, The Indian Girl from the Nightmare Hotel episode

@ Borgified Corpse, yea, I like your Malcolm Taylor was Osgood's boyfriend idea.

4. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Lady Christina.
    Craig and Sophie.
    Idris.

5. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Oh yeah, I loved Christina! I enjoyed the comic book story where she returned, but I'd love to see her come back again on the show, either in a 1-off capacity or longer term. Maybe whenever Clara decides to call it a day, the Doctor and Christina could cross paths again and he'll be in a mood better suited to taking her on as a companion. It would be funny if she saw the TARDIS first, rapped on the door expecting 10 to open up, then reacted accordingly when 12 appears. :D

6. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

Another vote for Sally Sparrow-

7. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Novice Hame, Brannigan or at least another member of their species. Maybe one of Brannigan's kids, the wee kitten who called the Doctor "Momma", but now grown up.

Sincerely,

Bill

8. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Be interesting to see the reaction of someone who only had one major interaction with a previous Doctor run into the current one. While this happened to Jack Harkness, he does have the advantage of 100 or so years to go over government records on the Doctor so that he doesn't bump into the wrong one. I can guess he was tempted a lot when the Doctor lived on Earth in the UNIT years. Or maybe he was one of those background soldiers that kept getting killed.

I still want to see River's reaction to the 12th Doctor...or I suppose the Doctor's reaction to seeing River again.

9. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

Certainly I'd like to see The Mistress again- Michelle Gomez is terrific in the role and I think they've only touched the tip of the iceberg of her potential.
    Captain Jack needs to come back, too. If not him, I'd take Gwen for a 1 or 2 ep arc. She could toughen up Clara.
    With Liz Sladen gone, the new show needs another link to the old. Maybe a guest spot by Jamie? Maybe Ace? Maybe Capaldi's Doc now likes being called Professor.
    They should resolve Jenny at some point.
    I wouldn't mind seeing a several-ep arc with the current UNIT crew- shades of the Pertwee era. Especially if they could find a way to fit Benton in for old times sake.
    Another interesting character to take Sarah Jane's old spot would be Daphne Ashbrook as Dr Grace. She only got the one ep so having her along for a show or two would be fun.

10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

After all the Hell 7 put Ace through, seeing Ace with 12 could be AMAZING

Jamie or Grace could be awesome too, but, I think Ace with 12 could be a major Nerd Whogasm!!!

11. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd like to see all the guest stars from this last Christmas episode come back. It seems like people are highlighting Shona, but I thought all of them were pretty good.

12. Ithekro

I'd like to see an episode where the Doctor randomly goes to Scoland (probably by mistake, the TARDIS still gets him off track from time to time). End up as a castle and asks for the local laird, only to have it be one Laird McCrimmon. Then trying to figure out what (if anything) Jamie remembers after "Highlanders" (and epsiode that is also still missing)

13. CmndrSela318

Here's a Top Ten List of more guest characters I'd like to see again.

1. Peter Davison as older #5.
    2. Duplicate, alternate universe, one heart, no regeneration ability David Tennant doctor and original David Tennant Doctor...in the same episode.
    3. Jo Grant. Last time she saw the Doctor was in The Sarah Jane Adventures 2-parter Death Of The Doctor when Matt Smith was playing the Doctor.
    Sarah Jane: Well, he can change his face. Jo: I know. But into a baby's?
    4. Liz 10 from The Beast Below.
    5. Dorium Maldovar. Last seen as a blue head in a box in the episode The Wedding Of River Song.
    6. Gibbis, the only guest character from The God Complex to survive. Maybe the Doctor and Clara end up on Gibbis' homeworld of Tivoli.
    7. Tom Baker's unnamed character at the end of Day Of The Doctor. I, personally, am starting to suspect that was an older #4.
    8. Mr. Copper, Rickston Slade and Midshipman Alonzo Frame from Voyage Of The Damned. I'd love to hear Peter Capaldi's Doctor, even if it's mockingly, say Allons-y Alonzo.
    9. (Icks-Nay Harriet Jones) Cyborg from A Town Called Mercy. See how and what he's doing now.
    10. Rory's dad. See how he's doing and how he reacts to the Doctor's current face and personality.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

er...wasn't Harriet Jones exterminated?

15. CmndrSela318

You need to go back and watch Christmas Invasion. At the end she's on tv trying to convince reporters that, healthwise, she's fine and that the apparently pending vote of NO CONFIDENCE is unnecessary.

16. Ithekro

I'm thinking more Stolen Earth/Journey's End and Dalek level Exterminated.

17. CmndrSela318

Ah, I haven't watched those 2 in a long time. So I forgot. All I remember of Journey's End is the wasted regeneration and all the companions helping to fly the T.A.R.D.I.S.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

All of them except Harriet Jones...because the Daleks exterminated her!

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I would have enjoyed Sally Sparrow returning back in the Tennant or Smith years, but I think her time has passed. I'd only really want to see her back in another Angel episode, but I'm kind of sick of them too.

20. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jenny would be an obvious one for me, Lady Christina as well, I thought she was the best thing about "Planet of the Dead" and Michelle Ryan did a tremendous job with her. Idris as well...so basically what Allyn stated LOL.