The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I admit Boba was my favorite of the last lot. And here is another vote for the 6-inch scale! It is the scale I have always preferred. :bolian:

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Oh, there's also a 6" Anakin Skywalker based on his combat appearance in Episode III that's going to be released and was originally supposed to be part of Wave 3 along with the Stormtrooper, Bespin Luke and ROTS Obi-Wan, but he was recently delayed until a later wave assortment (4?) and a carry forward of Han Solo replaced him in the wave of four.

I like Han. Solid figure. Han Solo as a character is usually a winner, and he's a core character from the OT. That said, when you have a choice between Harrison Ford in a costume specific to just one film and a plain white Stormtrooper that can used to represent Imperial soldiers across the entire expanse of the OT era, why pick Han?

The company knows that Stormtroopers sell. Han traditionally does well, but he's had some "meh" and iffy versions in recent years that don't exactly fly off the pegs and shelves, and even some well-sculpted Han Solo figures just linger with little interest. But Stormtroopers? And a 6" one at that? It'd be the closest thing to a sure bet in modern action figure retail.

3. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

At long last we reach the end:
    [​IMG]

Now if you'll excuse me a moment, I have to go clean all of this up and fish Harley out from behind the dresser. She fell as I was editing the pictures.

4. cooleddie74

:lol:

I love the board at this special time of year.

Oh, and I recognize 3.75"-scale Star Wars drinking and bar glasses when I see 'em. Nice touch! Also, Beverly Crusher's "what did I do to deserve this/what's going on" arm gesture.

5. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Will the Tonys be hungover tomorrow? :lol:

6. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Oh most certainly. A few of them are already passed out. :lol:

7. cooleddie74

The grand picture looks like something straight out of an ancient Roman orgy or a James Franco house party.

Same difference.

8. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

I wasn't going to get the 60s Batman/Robin 2-pack because of the price, but I saw it was discounted down to about $12 on Amazon a few days ago so I got it. All of the regular figures in the series were discounted too, down to 5-7 bucks each. All the prices have since gone back up, though, except for Joker which is still at about $5.

9. cooleddie74

Mission Series R2-D2 and C-3PO.

I actually like the Threepio for what he is and this is the very first 3.75" Threepio action figure that's ever replicated the three little dots of light in each of his photoreceptor eyes. Pretty cool. Even the premium-quality, collector-focused and shiny vac-metallized versions never include this detail.

The Artoo is alright, but they left off some of the important paint details on his trunk and that's glaring (just a few extra, tiny silver paint apps wouldn't have forced them to jack up the price). Still getting two figures for $9.99 isn't a bad value in this day and age when even the cheapest premium-quality R2-D2 figure runs ten bucks. For cheap, good display fodder or some simple kid's playthings they're more than adequate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. nureintier

nureintier Commander Red Shirt

Awesome pics.

I finally got a 9" Tholian Web environmental suit Spock for myself for Christmas. ^_^
    [​IMG]
    Now I am really wanting the Mirror Mirror and Amok Time ones, but haven't seen them for a decent price lately.

11. cooleddie74

Nice! I like that one a lot! Really captures those late '60s environmental suits to the detail.

I actually found a few brand new, premium, collector-focused Star Wars items a little earlier today, and less than two full days before Christmas of all times. My timing was just plain dumb luck, because with the massive foot traffic inside my local stores today I doubt these would have lasted much longer had I not noticed them.

[​IMG]

12. nureintier

^Very nice! When I went shopping today I saw a lot of empty shelves mostly. ^_^

But yeah, I like the environmental suit. It's my new favorite, it's all colorful and shiny.

13. cooleddie74

The 6" Han Solo even replicates Harrison Ford's famous chin scar, and the Slave Leia actually looks a lot like Carrie Fisher circa 1983. They did an exceptional job with her eyes and they're dead ringers for Leia's.

14. nureintier

They do look nice, yes. Now I sort of want them, and I stopped collecting SW action figures in the '90s. Could always start again, I suppose. ^_^

15. Kira's Mom

It's a wrap! I had some help wrapping presents tonight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. cooleddie74

If Loki doesn't get something cool on Wednesday morning you'd better quarantine him for the sake of all your other figures and decorations.

17. Kira's Mom

I posted this in the Christmas thread, but here is my Avengers Christmas party:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have new Christmas adventures for Clint and Tasha that I'll post later.

18. cooleddie74

Can't wait! I just got back from Christmas dinner and I'd love to see what you have in store for them. :)

19. Kira's Mom

For starters, here is Clint trying to reenact Wrecking Ball:

[​IMG]

All Tasha wants for Christmas is Clint:

[​IMG]

Clint is really getting sick of the bird jokes.

[​IMG]

Visiting Merida on the tree:

[​IMG]

More to come!

20. cooleddie74

This has been certified as Grade-A, uncut The Awesome ™ .