STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 18, 2013.

?

Grade the movie...

1. A+

18.8%
  2. A

20.6%
  3. A-

13.2%
  4. B+

11.1%
  5. B

7.9%
  6. B-

4.1%
  7. C+

5.7%
  8. C

5.0%
  9. C-

3.5%
  10. D+

1.5%
  11. D

1.6%
  12. D-

1.3%
  13. F

5.7%
  1. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Supposedly Marcus had the core sabotaged, that way the Klingons could find the Enterprise, destroy her, and start a war with the Federation.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Marcus sabotaged it so that it might be trapped on the edge of Klingon space. Once torpedoes were fired at Kronos the sitting duck Enterprise would be destroyed in retaliation and war would begin.

3. teacake

He's not completely immune, he has to fight it and fight it hard. And he's more powerful than his minions, that's why he's the leader.

It wasn't breathing, it was going into labor. Alive again? TIME FOR MORE TRIBBLES!!

4. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

you gotta wonder Alexander Marcus was like before the destruction of Vulcan. Was he a straight and narrow starfleet officer like Christopher Pike or was he always this corrupt?

5. mattman8907

maybe scotty will be like hey let's give them to the klingons.

6. teacake

Yeah, don't torpedo them just beam the tribble into an uninhabited area and leave..

7. mattman8907

lol. yep.

8. teacake

He's in Section 31.

9. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Tell me, do they still sing songs about the great tribble hunt?

10. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Stories told, two old friends, yeah. Of battle scars and lonely bars ... and nights the rain wouldn't end.

11. mattman8907

which is like what? Black Ops?

12. teacake

MY GOD THAT'S WHAT WE NEED IN THE NEXT FILM!!!!

Klingon Opera.

13. teacake

What it is morally is debatable. Many in Section 31 believe they are they are doing everything they can for the Federation, a Federation that is a child compared to them and needs to be managed from the shadows for its own good. Others are probably getting off on the secrecy and self importance. And like in any organization some are probably there for personal gain, not money in this century but information and influence.

Marcus appears to be motivated by an ideology of war, go on the offensive now because of the inevitability of being attacked. Vulcan was pacifist and look where it got them.

14. mattman8907

granted the federation is still relatively new (they were what? a hundred years old by the end of Into Darkness?) but still section 31 should have been disbanded. it cause nothing but trouble.

15. gornsky

gornsky Lieutenant Red Shirt

Huh? I don't get it. Did some part of the research say that these women prefer to see women on screen? There was plenty of male eye-candy in this movie, and I enjoyed the characterisations. I just want good characters. I don't care what sex they are.

I don't need all the male characters "balanced out" by corresponding female characters. In fact, I specifically don't want to see characters whom I like and whose chemistry with other characters I appreciate, pushed out of the picture to elevate or shoehorn in some female character. I just want to see characters have a natural, organic place in the whole. I'm not counting.

Also, I don't need to see female 'role models' to feel 'empowered' or 'relevant'. I can relate to male role models just as well, and I am empowered all on my own, thanks very much.

16. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hopefully, this incident brings them out of the shadows and Starfleet disbands them when people find out they exist.

17. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Critical mass: Rotten Tomatoes has 201 reviews now, as compared with 257 for Iron Man 3, so we're probably close to the end with it. It has remained at 87%.

18. teacake

We have no idea what all it has "caused". For every gaffe we saw on screen they may have committed many more acts which preserved lives and furthered Federation agendas.

19. mattman8907

sad it was doing so well in the 90s, i just don't like critics that say "really, don't see this movie, it sucks so bad, i lost the will to live"

20. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

I don't like that several reviews complain it isn't old Trek.

Ho hum.