World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Showdown, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Stoo

Stoo Commodore Commodore

Interestingly, it seems soloing old content has gotten a lot easier. My modestly geared shaman used to struggle with Cata heroics but now the mobs disintegrate if I so much as wave my axes at them.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

They could only squish so far. Otherwise you'd have negative numbers at low levels.

3. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

They seem about what we would have had in TBC maybe? I'm not sure if I remember that far back.

40 armor seems low to me considering this is a level 90 character That is less than one point per level. Only the stamina is over 90 on this piece of gear, and its legendary.

My Chaos Bolt went from hitting at an average of 600k down to 20k. A more normal spell hits around 6k I think. That extra crit makes Chaos Bolt hit really hard.

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I was being a tad bit facetious ;)

5. Stoo

Stoo Commodore Commodore

I was thinking, while I was critical of the Zombie invasion, at least it was memorable. Our introduction to WoD is... a few quests and killing some orcs around the dark portal. No real sense of fighting back an invasion. Rather disappointing.

We could have had some sort of event where, say, orcs spill out and hold territory, and players gain rewards for reclaiming it. And maybe throw in a pvp element too, ie the usual "horde and alliance are doomed to keep fighting each other even when larger threats loom" stuff. I mean, with modern phasing technology we can go nuts with the blasted lands, without disrupting anyone else's experience.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  6. sojourner

I don't think those first entry quests are the "event". I think blizz still has something planned to happen.

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Current Status: Xpac purchased. Scrolling through long forgotten characters to find someone to boost to 90 since it's dumb to boost 85 favorites. It had been so long since I've played (early MoP) that I don't even have the stupid game on this computer, have to transfer it over.

ALSO! I never got the 7 free days offer. Is there some link somewhere? I have searched my email and account page :(

8. teacake

I am now logged in. First time in two years.

A little teary.

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Ahhh, yes, that first puff of crack cocaine after years of abstinence. Magical!

10. teacake

Three hours gone in the blink of an eye :wtf:

11. sojourner

So... just enough time to setup your buttons again.

12. teacake

There was a lot to set up. Had to log into like 40+ characters to register any pets or mounts they might have uniquely, look through 4 personal guild banks for any toys that needed to be toy-boxed, start selling off the multiple white kittens which omg can now be caged and sold, see if I could AH upgrade any armor and found out that though all the item levels have risen the stats are the same so no (which is a relief) and also managed to get one char up a level farting around in Panda land.

Okay maybe it was longer than 3 hours.

13. sojourner

Go out to timeless isle and start collecting the free ilvl489 gear out there. All you have to do is open random chests on the island.

14. teacake

Gotta get to 90 first, quit just after I got MoP. Shouldn't take too long though.

15. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

16. teacake

LOL Tayla I just discovered that! Going to watch it later.

Okay have got two of them up to 90. Timeless Isle, what a wank! Just run around here for your instant gear and since we are shamelessly catering to children it's all just lying around on the ground in boxes! MANY boxes..

Hey has anyone found or seen any leaked footage of the movie? Apparently some small stuff was shown at Blizzcon? Did people who had virtual tickets see it? Because you would think it would be all over the net but I can't find any.

17. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Yeah, pretty much. :lol:

18. Stoo

Stoo Commodore Commodore

I think the idea was, Blizz were keen for everyone to be able to gear up for Siege of Orgrimmar without needing to slog through previous raid tiers. A system for quickly catching up on gear isn't a totally new idea, although this is about the easiest they've ever made it.

19. sojourner

They need to go back to the days when getting blue gear was a nice upgrade, getting purple gear had real status to it, and getting orange gear was just down right bad ass.

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Meh, is there anyone left who really cares that much? Those days have been so many moons - and addons - ago ;)