Feline Follies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Alienesse, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Here is Toby, laying in one of his favorite positions, on his back with his legs up in the air.

[​IMG]

2. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Toby is super cute Spot's Meow! He is one comfy looking kitty!

(edit to add that is a great shot of Phantom with the fish B.J.! I wish I could trust Jack like that...but the poor fish would be food in the blink of an eye!)

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Rory likes Parmesan cheese. I let him have a few shreds while I was grating some yesterday.

[​IMG]

It's the only people food he likes. Otherwise, he'll only eat Iams.

4. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You reminded me of a cute lil' incident. During the mid 80s, I'd drive my grandmother to visit her older sister in the country. My great-aunt's daughter who cared for her catatonic mother started letting one of the more people friendly barnyard cats enter the kitchen. During one visit I snacked upon some potato chips and the ebony feline keenly stared at me. Jokingly, I held out a chip and said, "What? You want one?" The cat leaned forward and bit a perfect semi-circle from the salted snack. He didn't lunge. It was simply purposeful and calculated. I stared at the cartoon styled notch in the chip and decided, "Eh, I don't think I'll finish this. Here, you take it."

My exposure to cats before those visits had been limited, so I didn't expect a feline would want something that was not meat. Little did I understand that cats, and many other animals are opportunists. They're not going to fret over the nutritional value of an item. If it can be swallowed, some animal will eat it.

Sincerely,

Bill

5. JayOwl

JayOwl Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't posted pictures of my cats for almost a year, and they were kittens then. So I found them like this a few hours ago and decided that pictures were obligatory (sorry for the massive size):
    Inkie on the right and Penny on the left.
    [​IMG]
    More Inkie:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yes, I struggle to tell them apart. :p
    They're sisters from the same litter, probably identical twin cats. I can just about tell which is which because their fur is ever so slightly different and I think their eyes are slightly different shades.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I love the middle picture. :lol:

7. JayOwl

JayOwl Vice Admiral Admiral

It wasn't easy to get that shot, she kept tilting her head back like that because I was there, but that was my third or forth try to get the picture. She must've lost interest in me pretty quickly. It was worth is though, she looks adorable when she does that. I have several more 'motion-blurred' pictures. :D

8. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

^Cute cats, JayOwl!

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Hubby brought home a laser-pointer from work.

Best. Cat toy. EVER. I have never seen Junior move his fluffy butt so fast! :lol:

We're going to have to buy one of these; it's the perfect kitty-exerciser.

10. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ Those can be a lot of fun. Just be extra careful not to "get it in their eye", they have much more sensitive eyes than we do.

11. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^Yes, that I knew.

Maybe I should invest in some cheap, little pen-flashlight. That would probably work just as well.

I need to find a good way to exercise him and seeing him go bananas for that laser pointer was hilarious.

12. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This being a Trek board, I have a mental image of an Enterprise crewperson getting a phaser, somehow setting it to a harmless "pointer" mode and then driving Lt. M'Ress "insane"! :lol:

Sincerely,

Bill

13. _C_

_C_ Commander Red Shirt

My cat Monroe needs a gold medal for hilarious sleeping positions. She's precious. Her name is Monroe because of the black speck by her nose---she has a beauty mark! :)

Award winning sleeping lulz

The pancake
    [​IMG]

The invertebrate
    [​IMG]

The turkey
    [​IMG]

The banana
    [​IMG]

( What amuses me even more is my current avatar of Kejal appears to be entertained by the pictures. :P )

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Sorry, but in that last pic, with the black nose and the black fur on top of her head she looks like a notorious german leader from WW2.

15. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

17. _C_

_C_ Commander Red Shirt

Haha, before I knew what her name was(we adopted her from the vet's office) I kept calling her the little Hitler kitty!

18. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Haven't been here in a while, but I'm glad to see this thread's still going strong. Lovely kitties, everyone! :techman:

My cat Matilda had kittens about a month ago. Here's the happy family:

[​IMG]

19. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

:adore:

Is there any way I can adopt a tabby and one that looks like her??

Must keep reminding myself..."Jack is a senior cat who probably would not like kittens, Jack is a senior cat who probably would not like kittens"

Sweet photo Alienesse!

20. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Your cat's name is Monroe, eh? Thus I have two Revolution puns fighting it out in my brain right now. ;)