TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

View Poll Results: Will you be getting a PS4 and/or Xbox One ?
I'll get both 10 10.87%
Staying with Playstation (PS3 to PS4) 48 52.17%
Staying with Xbox (360 to One) 13 14.13%
Changing to Playstation (360 to PS4) 21 22.83%
Changing to Xbox (PS3 to One) 0 0%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 30 2014, 07:22 PM   #571
Smellmet
Captain

Re: Will you be getting a PS4 or an Xbox One ?

I've just got a PS4 and I'm happy with it so far. I'm playing CoD Advanced Warfare and I think it's superb, I was bored with the franchise by MW3 but this one really is excellent.

My only bugbear at the moment is the lack of a proper remote control being available for the system, but it's not the end of the world. I've read that there's been complaints that the battery life on the controller is inferior to the PS3 at 6 hours-ish, but I've never got the time to play for that length of time in one sitting anyway, and I sit close enough to my TV to have it plugged in when I need it to anyway. Plus any micro USB cable will work with it. All minor niggles nothing more.

My PS3 has been relegated upstairs, but I think they are still a really good bit of kit so I haven't sold it, and will still use it for the odd game and Netflix/Blu Rays etc. I also prefer the simplicity of it's UI over the PS4, which looks more cluttered to me.

I'm looking forward to playing Grand Theft Auto 5 on it. It blew me away on the PS3, in fact seeing the side by side graphics comparison of it with the PS4 version was what planted the seed to go out and buy the console.
Old December 6 2014, 08:21 PM   #572
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

Refund came in a couple of days ago on the broken one so ordered a new one *fingers crossed*.
Old December 10 2014, 10:21 AM   #573
Magellan
Lieutenant Commander

Rumor has it that there will be a Red Dead Redemption Remastered release and then RDR 2. Red Dead was my absolute favorite game of the last gen so I can't miss out on this/ I think Im finally ready to pull the trigger on one of these consoles, but it's just so hard to choose. Originally it was a no brainer, PS4 ,but MS has really turned it around. I can't decide better multi-plats on PS4 but Xbox has all the exclusives I actually like. Of course most of those will see a PC release as well..............
Magellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2014, 06:56 AM   #574
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Yeah, I heard about the RDR rumor. If true, it should be rather impressive considering what they've done with GTAV. Although, it is an older game, so in context, the jump in quality should be even more amazing than GTAV's jump from last-gen to current-gen. An RDR sequel would be one of those games that would make me get the console.
Owain Taggart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2014, 07:16 PM   #575
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

Red Dead Redemption was my favorite game last gen and I would buy and replay a remastered version in a heartbeat. Playing GTA V right now on XBox One, the desert portions of Blaine County with Trevor look stunningly realistic, so I could only imagine what Red Dead would look like.
Old December 11 2014, 08:21 PM   #576
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

Isn't it rather sad that companies woudl rather revive previous generation games than come up with equally good games from scratch?

The very first game to absolutely capture me was the new Dragon Age Inquisition (i already put in around 50 hours and am barely at the mid point with tons of stuff still to do) and everything else i am interested in are remakes.. GTAV and The Last of Us.

It's been a year and the game selection is still abysmal and only now for the Christmas business are the new consoles receiving some A level games.
Old December 11 2014, 08:24 PM   #577
RoJoHen
Awesome

Well, games do take time to make. I'm really excited about some of the PS4 games coming out in 2015.
Old December 11 2014, 10:38 PM   #578
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

Yup, The Division is a new franchise.
Old December 12 2014, 03:16 PM   #579
Rincewiend
Vice Admiral

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
Isn't it rather sad that companies woudl rather revive previous generation games than come up with equally good games from scratch?

The very first game to absolutely capture me was the new Dragon Age Inquisition (i already put in around 50 hours and am barely at the mid point with tons of stuff still to do) and everything else i am interested in are remakes.. GTAV and The Last of Us.

It's been a year and the game selection is still abysmal and only now for the Christmas business are the new consoles receiving some A level games.
It pretty much started with the HD remakes of PS2 games on the PS3...
Then Nintendo followed suit with Gamecube remakes with new controls on the Wii and later Microsoft with things like the HALO remakes...

-- Death makes a career move (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)
Rincewiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15 2014, 12:00 PM   #580
martok2112
Captain

But I am definitely waiting for the HD remake of the GameCube remake of the original Resident Evil (something I'd hoped would happen for years finally IS!). Getting it for PS4 as soon as it hits....that and Resident Evil Revelations 2, which features the return of Claire Redfield.
Old December 15 2014, 10:49 PM   #581
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

I'll be buying the upgraded Red Dead Redemption! I love that game.
Old December 16 2014, 08:48 AM   #582
RESPCT
SPCTRE

View RESPCT's Twitter Profile

You know, I really enjoyed it, but I'm good. No interest in replaying it. Maybe five years down the line. Same with GTA V.
“Metro [...] is designed for casual users [...] designed for your computer illiterate little sister, for grandpas who don’t know how to use that computer dofangle thingy, and for mom who just wants to look up apple pie recipes. [...] the antithesis of a power user.”
— Windows UI designer J. Miller
RESPCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16 2014, 10:03 AM   #583
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

BillJ wrote: View Post
I'll be buying the upgraded Red Dead Redemption! I love that game.
Is that confirned that they will remaster it for current gen consoles?
Old December 16 2014, 10:45 AM   #584
George Bailey
The Revd's Oldman

View George Bailey's Twitter Profile

Not that I've heard but they are doing a remaster of DmC.
You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!
George Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote