Peanut Butter on Hamburgers...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by royalfan5, Feb 25, 2013.

1. royalfan5

royalfan5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why hasn't this caught on in a bigger way? It's fantastic, and it seems like it wouldn't be hard for places to add as an offering. It seems like you see it more now in the local type burger joints, but why doesn't one of the big chains jump in with one?

2. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

It's probably because quite a few people would still consider it an, um, acquired taste...
    :ack:

3. pigletsgiblets

pigletsgiblets Commodore Commodore

It's disgusting.

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Hell, I'm still waiting for one of the big chains to come out with a hamburger with a fried egg on it.

5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I eat peanut butter on hamburger buns all the time, just sans the hamburger.

6. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Peanut butter is a great addition to many foods you wouldn't expect. The sweet and saltiness accents spicy or savory foods really well.

If I need something quick and cheap, I'll throw a spoon-full in some instant noodles (use less water or strain them so when you stir it in it doesn't get too watered down) for a pretty damn tasty meal. I prefer kimchi flavored but I expect chicken and most of the other flavors would suit just fine.

When I was a kid I used to put it on my pizza all the time. Plain cheese or pepperoni seemed to suit best. Strong flavor that wont be overwhelmed by the PB.

7. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

Peanut butter in any form - GROSS :ack:

Peanut butter on hamburgers - DOUBLY GROSS:barf:

8. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

This is the most disgusting thread we've had in Miscellaneous since that one about the ingrown hair in a delicate location. It offends me on an instinctual level.

And no, I haven't tried it before rejecting it completely as an abomination. I've also not tried being mauled by a pack of rabid wolves, but I'm pretty sure it's not something I'd be into either.

A plague on all your houses who participate in and promote this ugliness.

9. HighteeHeller

HighteeHeller Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like hummus on my burgers. I could see it being similar to peanut butter in texture and taste. Id try it.

10. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

interesting idea, though i might just stick to the brilliance that is the lemon curd and turkey sandwich

11. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

12. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Peanut butter and jelly, pb and pickles, pb on an apple or banana or carrot, pb swirled into vanilla ice cream or oatmeal... all good.

Peanut butter on a hamburger and a few of the other combos you've all mentioned... I'm getting queasy just reading about them.

Oh, and just for the record, the best pb in the world is the kind with no added sugar or salt. Just plain, naked peanuts. Preferably chunky.

13. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Meat product of any kind + peanut butter = :barf:

14. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Most commercial peanut butters have sugar added (ugh). Peanut butter isn't supposed to taste sweet. The only brand I buy is Laura Scudders Natural Peanut Butter (chunky style), the kind you have to stir and refrigerate to keep the oil from separating. All that's in it is peanuts and a touch of salt.

I may actually try that sometime. Sounds like a quick and cheap version of Thai noodles with peanut sauce.

I agree with auntiehill. The only thing peanut butter doesn't go with is MEAT. Ecch.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

One more vote for disgusting. :barf:

In my mind, there are two kinds of food in the entire world: Salty and sweet. Only rarely shall the twain ever meet. And definitely not in this case.

Peanut butter should be put on sandwiches, and possibly on celery, but not much else. Definitely not on hamburgers.

This is almost as bad as chili-flavored chocolate and apple pie with cheddar cheese. Both of those are more disgusting than this (although not much more!).

That being said: PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! :D

16. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I have never heard of peanut butter on hamburgers, never considered it, never heard it mentioned, never seen it, never want to try it. That is nasty.

Not sure if you were serious or not, but Red Robin has a burger with a fried egg on it, as well as bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and mayo. I didn't think I would like it but it is actually really good, it's the only thing I order there anymore. It's called the Royal Red Robin.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

^ I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my ARTERIES HARDENING :lol: .

18. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    To me, the idea of putting peanut butter onto anything that by all rights should have ketchup, mustard, onions, and cheese on it is as anathema as putting my toast in my cereal with the milk. Yeah, it all winds up in the same place eventually, but do you really want it happening before it hits your taste buds? Ick.

:barf:

19. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

What's your opinion of these tasty li'l suckers?

[​IMG]

20. Mr. Laser Beam

^ I did say RARELY. Not NEVER.