New Star Wars animated show "Rebels" coming fall 2014

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Booji, May 20, 2013.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Kind of an Asajj Ventress vibe to the new "Inquisitor." Also, it's so great seeing a line of classic Stormtroopers in plain white armor. I dig the Prequel Clones and all their varieties and different designs through the years, but I grew up on the OT and for me the ultimate white-armored soldier hidden beneath a helmet will always be the Imperial Stormtrooper.

2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

The troopers in the Clone Wars series could hit their targets. Will they do so in Rebels or will we see OT style Stormtroopers that can't hit jack shit?

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, interesting, definitely close to the roots. Those stormtrooper's squished faces bug me though.

4. Enterprise is Great

I'm a bit fuzzy on the timeline. How much time passes between Revenge of the Sith and Episode 4?

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Who WILL be the lead characters in this show? :wtf:

The Clone Wars had the obvious choices. We had Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ashoka.

But the problem with Rebels is that they are setting it in such an awkward time period. Luke and Leia are still kids. Han is a teen some where. Obi-Wan and Yoda are hiding out.

6. cooleddie74

Well, given it's Disney XD we're talking about I honestly wasn't expecting the overall look to be as ideal and gritty as I hoped. They'll tweak something or other to make it more cutesy and kid-friendly. Still, they're Imperial Stormtroopers based on the original costumes and that's something.

7. cooleddie74

Roughly 20 years. Many reference sources say 19, but I just round it up to an even twenty like the Star Wars Visual Dictonary does when it says how long Obi-Wan (Ben) has been in exile in the desert when he events of ANH take place.

8. Enterprise is Great

9. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

10. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Whatever Luke's age is supposed to be in ANH. The ANH novelization said he was 20, but I think the "official" story is still 19 years.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The crew of a ship called the Ghost (I think). That's all they've said so far.

12. cooleddie74

Yeah, one's pretty much the same as the other. Mark Hamill was 24 when the original movie was filmed and Carrie Fisher was all of 18, and farmboy Luke was supposed to be young enough that he pined for running off and joining his childhood friends at the Imperial Academy while Leia was the youngest member of the Imperial Senate.

13. Enterprise is Great

14. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

And here and all I thought that was, y'know, Vader's job. :p

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm surprised by the bit in that article about the producers not knowing how one got into a TIE fighter and "deciding" that the entry hatch was on top. I remember assembling the TIE fighter model kit as a kid, and there was definitely an access hatch on top. So we already knew that back in the late '70s -- it's been part of the TIE fighter design all along. So why did these producers need a lengthy debate to figure that out?

16. cooleddie74

Well, he did need help from great numbers of Imperial probe droids to locate the Rebels and his son at the beginning of Empire. As powerful with the Dark Side and trusted by the Emperor as Vader is he's not invincible and all-knowing. I imagine having some henchmen and technology at his disposal is a big help when tracking down targets across an area as huge as a galaxy.

17. Nine of Four

Nine of Four Commander Red Shirt

This has potential. But I see problems:

1. If it's anything like Star Wars The Clone Wars, it'll be a gigantic failure.

2. It's showing on a kid's channel, meaning no blood, no excessive fighting, and no deep-thinking.

3. It's animated. (I have nothing against that, it's just that animation doesn't fit the Star Wars "feel".)

Lose Disney Channel, break away from animation, and we'll have a real excellent show.

*Also release a statement that makes all the happenings of The Clone Wars not canon. That would make me happy indeed....

18. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

the fact that it will be on Disney doesn't mean the show will be bad or lifeless. i was quite surprised by some of the elements in Tron Uprising and it aired on Disney XD.

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Ah, so this will be "Firefly" in the Star Wars universe? ;)

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Star Wars The Clone Wars was a big sucesss that lasted over 100 episodes. The only reason it ended was because Disney wanted to start their own show on their own network.

Star Wars has never been about bloody violence. It has worked out well in The Clone Wars attracting the kid and adult audiences.

Star Wars and animation go perfectly well together. It keeps cost down and it can be much more large scale than all the Prequel Trilogy movies in terms of battles. Many fans consider TCW to be superior than all the PT movies.

At this point, I see Disney having no interest in a live action show now that they are doing future movies.

TCW is already very good, though I'm interested to see how they do the sequel.