Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am reanimating this thread instead of starting a new one, as it is fit for purpose.

Just a reminder, for Americans Banshee returns tomorrow night, which means for me it returns Saturday morning with a nice cup of tea. Can't wait!

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah I'm also looking forward to the new season.

3. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Reminds me, I've got to rewatch that epic shoot out from the finale.:D

4. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, yes, yes. Can't wait for this.

One of my favourite s1 moments, sums ups the OTT atmos of the show ;)
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o76cjgCESLQ[/yt]

"Hey Cop, what the fuck you doing here."
    *Smashes his head against the wall*
    "Whatever the fuck I want."

5. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

About to start watching the new episode. I'm gonna be disappointed if Lucas Hood doesn't hit someone within the first five minutes ;)

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Does Hitting that girl with his penis count?

Odd that it seems that Odette Annbelle is doing this and Two and Half Men simultaneously.

(Shooting dates are very different to air dates, but I get this feeling that Kutcher might ask for an introduction to the Banshee producers, so that he can out Die Hard Bruce and get Demi back... Although he did refrain from cameoing on Glee when he was dating Lea Michelle. Maybe in real life he's not so A.D.D.)

The armoured car robbery had some incredible stunt work.

Those interviews were hilarious and tense.

Poor little gangster's moll wants her family back. :(

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  7. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

Just saw a trailer for the 2nd season,if the 1st season was good,hope the 2nd season is better,like to see lucas reaction when his "son"comes to banshee.

8. Guy Gardener

That's (tv) days away, season 2 episode 1 is hours after the finale last year.

9. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

10. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I do like this show. Amazing how the criminal steps right into the lawman's shoes and nobody can tell.

11. Guy Gardener

There are 8 of those webisodes, as well as a first season I missed, how about you? And y'all should try to lock them down because one of them changes entirely how we should interpret this season.

12. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I've always loved good Noir, so imagine my surprise when watching what I thought was typical procedural fare:

http://www.hbo.com/true-detective/talk/index.html#/

Until I saw this word written in the diary of the primary victim.

CARCOSA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcosa
    More...
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/01/12/true-detective-premiere/
    http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/01/19/true-detective-season-1-episode-2-seeing-things-tv-recap/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_in_Yellow

I think True Detective may have used this just as a throw-away--but if they really keep the tradition of Hastur--i.e. a dismal atmosphere, then even Banshee will pale in comparison.

On an unrelated subject, I also watched PBS's program on Salinger
    http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/episodes/jd-salinger/film-salinger/2642/

13. Pingfah

I like where this is going.

I do question whether somebody as careful, smart and informed as Proctor would risk wounding the sheriff like this without delivering a knockout blow, but it should make for some good entertainment for the end of the season.

14. Guy Gardener

Proctor didn't know that that was Hood's son.

And to be fair, he isn't.

What really stood out for me recently was the sniper in the cornfield.

They're all crawling on their hands and knees at great velocity towards murdering each other.

It kinda looked like the 80s arcade game dig dug.

[​IMG]

Fun times.

15. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Shit just got real. I've been waiting to see Hood take down Proctor's psycho henchman in the suit for a long time, and things seem to be angling toward that confrontation happening soon. I have a feeling Proctor is going to go all Lethal Weapon 2 on the cops, though.

Good episode all around. It had a lot of humor in between the serious stuff, and we got to see some neo-Nazis get their asses kicked, which is always a plus.

16. Guy Gardener

There was some talk about Peter Parker dressed as a nerd in a sweater vest, big glasses and a bow tie... But try as hard as I did, about 5 minutes, google couldn't find me a screen grab of Clay Burton looking his "Peter Parkeriest" to explain how terrorfying that look can be.

17. Pingfah

No, but it can't have escaped his notice that there was a connection. Knowing this stuff is kind of what he is all about.

18. Guy Gardener

It's possible that Proctor should have known, especially before he killed the kid, and if he did know, that might be why he did go over board... Is Proctor protecting his niece or farming his wife? If (And I do mean if.) you can marry your first cousin inside the bounds of their culture, it would not be too, much of a stretch to marry a niece?

Jason had been hiding, keeping a low profile since he got to Banshee, and that could have been what killed him, unless Proctor actively wanted to hurt "Lucas" and where he found the boy was just a coincidence.

Once upon a time Robin, Jason Todd, became the Super AntiVillain the Red Hood in DC Comics.

19. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Oh man, that was just the penultimate episode of the season but it was amazing all on its own. Great scene between Proctor and his mother, and a nice monologue by Rabbit about how he'll never find peace in this life or the next. They do a good job of letting even the villains have a moment of saving grace.

The first shootout/fight between Job and the guys at the church was awesome enough, but then they surpassed it with the fight at the hospital. Hopefully the finale can live up to the expectations this episode has built for it. It looked like things get pretty crazy in the preview. I can't wait.

20. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Slightly OT, which of the three female regulars do you think is the hottest?