Dark Knight

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by T'Pan, Jun 5, 2012.

1. T'Pan

T'Pan Ensign Newbie

Got an odd question. Recently purchased a copy of The Dark Knight on a clearance sale. Everything played fine until one portion where the sound dropped out for 20-30 seconds.

When the Joker escapes from GPD, there is a shot of him in a speeding police car with his head out the window like a dog. Is there any sound over this shot? My copy has no sound there or at the start of the following shot.

It's been a while since I watched the movie and I can't honestly remember. I would think there'd be some kind of sound but don't know for sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I try replacing the disk.

Ta.

2. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

It's mostly muted for dramatic effect, aside from a subtle music note.. a version of the same disturbing music note that appears throughout the film whenever the joker is around.

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

There's somewhat of subtle sound but I wouldn't say "no sound." And there's no reason I can think of that the sound would be missing on the disc unless the disc is a bootleg or is damaged in some subtle way to cause the sound in that one segment to get screwed up but not damaged enough to cause the picture to stutter or other noticeable problems.

4. T'Pan

T'Pan Ensign Newbie

Thanks.

Brand new disk,as far as I can tell. Could be my ears, heaven knows they're not what they used to be. I'll try it with the sound louder.

Caio,

T'Pan