VRML Models - Firefly, Falcon, TOS Enterprise

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by BrookeStephen, Mar 12, 2009.

1. BrookeStephen

BrookeStephen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Who was it asked me if you can land the Millennium Falcon in the shuttlebay of the TOS Enterprise?

You know who you are!

This should answer your question:

[​IMG]

PS I hope this works, cause it's a slideshow on PhotoBucket!

2. StarshipDefiant

StarshipDefiant Captain Captain

I like the start you've got going on Serenity, nice image for reference to, I was wondering what you were using. I've been trying to find images like that to no avail, they are either way to small are no where close, where did you find that image? The Falcon and TOS Enterprise is looking good to, what do you use for those?

3. BrookeStephen

Okay, "what you were using"?
    You mean like LSD or something?? LOL
    If you're looking for images like the one I referenced to make Serenity, they're official blueprints - private company sells them... actually I think they worked on the show...
    Really nice diagrams.

For the falcon, I just perused all the models... the interior is a blend of guesswork and intuition LOL
    The Enterprise is ALL Franz Josef Designs deckplans and Michael McMaster bridge deckplans.

What is it specifically that you want to do?
    Maybe I can help.

4. BrookeStephen

Here's some links to YouTube walkthru's of my Millennium Falcon model at various stages of development...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Ship of Riddles is slowly giving up its secrets!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  5. BrookeStephen

I've been working out some of the issues researched by Robert Brown on his website "Ship of Riddles".

- a completely circular torus, centred on the gunnery ports and NOT centred on the axis line of the ship. This solves alot of problems.

- the bottom of the upper gun port and the top of the lower gun port both define the ceiling and floor (resp) for the torus.

- the hallways that lead from the torus to the docking rings (port and stbd) are all level for ease in moving cargo around, in and out of the ship. This doesn't include the fwd compartment that is photographed in all the movies - my intent is that there is no "cargo" (owned by others) in the fwd compartment.

- a two tiered vertical egress ramp, rather than a sophisticated circular stairway... above and behind the ramp that extends out the bottom (the one we all see) there's a ramp that starts at the torus hallway and extends down to the hi-end of the lower ramp - when the upper ramp is retracted (swung up) it is level with the docking ring, the egress used when out-of-atmosphere.

- a slanted cockpit corridor. I noticed that in New Hope, once the Falcon is in the Death Star and the stormtroopers are walking around in the ship, that the stormtrooper that walks from the cockpit to the torus along the cockpit corridor is actually walking downhill - take a look!!!

Anyways, here's a YouTube video of a walkthru of my model with some of these implemented. As always, you input is more than welcome!

[​IMG]

6. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

This is good stuff. I like the Falcon walkthrough very much!

I miss Robert Brown's "Ship of Riddles" site. It was well researched and well written.

7. BrookeStephen

Hi Guys;
    I've been away for a while...
    I have a giveaway for you - one of my models - I'll email you
    a Life-Sized VRML model of the ship from
    Lost In Space - the Jupiter 2.

All it will cost you is a comment on my YouTube site:

[​IMG]

If you make a comment, I'll send you a copy of the VRML file.
    I'm adding to the model everyday.

Later!

8. BrookeStephen

Here's the next video in the Jupiter2 series....
    I'm giving this model to whoever would like one!
    Hopefully I can put on some bells and whistles before I give it out...

Like operating doors and windows, working landing gears, etc.

[​IMG]

Later!