Smallville#8-21 "Injustice" -Discuss/Grade <Spoilers>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, May 7, 2009.

?

Grade "Injustice"

1. SUPERMAN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Above Average

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. CLARK KENT

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Below Average

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. BIZARRO

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:rolleyes:

What, you think that de-powering characters is exclusive to Superman comics? :lol:

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Nobody suffers it as often as Superman.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually "right now" they done did the opposite of stripping Clark of his powers.

The bottle city of Kandor is back.

Large as life.

(Literally)

Tried to make a go for it on the earth.

90.000 Kryptonians wandering about the planet with alien morals.

Kandor is orbit now.

But Superman is not so unique anymore.

He can't pull that "I decide what is moral because I'm the most powerful person on this planet" bullshit anymore either.

4. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

A bit of a mess but I kind of enjoyed all the backstabbing going on between the characters and Tess Mercer was smoking hot in this one. Nice to see Gaeta back in the picture too.

Cannot stand Clark. I don't know him for trying to find a way not to kill Davis (is it even possible to kill him?) but his not even considering the possibility when his plan fails (and you know it will) is beyond stupid. Even in the Doomsday storyline, Superman knew he had to fight Doomy with everything he had and be just as ruthless.

5. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Haven't they got to get out of Kandor first ?

Parasite could have been a much more interesting villain here. With a bit of effort, and if they'd taken the time to introduce him properly, they could have had him take the powers of a selected group of meteor freaks and get the power he needed to challenge Clark that way.

We've seen meteor freaks with individual powers similar to Clark's, after all.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Revised continuity.

The current writer is recommitting to preCrisis continuity.

Geoff Johns.

They beat up Brianiac for the first time EVER, it had only been avatars and doppelgängers before, and in his ship, after they kicked his ass, they found hundreds of worlds, one of which was the city of kandor and it was enlarged quicksmart only to be placed nextdoor to the fortress of solitude and Santa's workshop for a time. Then after what was clearly not a misunderstanding followed by escalation and pomp, the super heroes turned up to bring war on these aliens. Captain Marvel, Alan Scott and half a dozen more Green Lanterns, and several Flashes may seem enough to conquer any usual planet son, god forbid some dinky town the size of a large university, but lets just say this again: 90,000 Kryptonians who do not take man kind seriously or the letter of their law without a smirk.

The unbottled city of Kandor is much like the the city from Stargate Atlantis, in-so that it has a stardrive and it can piss off if it doesn't like the locals. Though they only bogged off a few million kilometres. Not sure if they're on the moon, near orbit of earth or they have their own orbit around the sun, since I haven't read any new Superman comic in a couple months and all this information gets jumbled as I have to compress everything with more zeal to fit the next months comics in my head.

Everything could now be in the shit or completely resolved.

Smallville is minigolf. Comics are Arnold Palmer.