Did Spock have sex with Savvik in Star Trek 3?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by saturn5, Nov 26, 2010.

?

Did Spock and Savvik have sex?

1. Yes, of course they did

107 vote(s)
    64.8%
  2. They very well might have done

39 vote(s)
    23.6%
  3. Don't know one way or the other

12 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Unlikely that they did

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. No of course not

4 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

In Washington State it's sixteen as well, if TWOK had gone slightly differently Saavik and Kirk could have had some steamy turbo-lift sex.

Maybe Saavik was just jonesing her way methodically through the crew.

2. Capt_Pickirk

Capt_Pickirk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ That would be logical ;)

3. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think they did. But the whole plot point does absolutely nothing for me. At least he didn't make her preggers.

And the whole marriage thing is more than a little creepy considering that in one book she was practically a foster daughter to him.

4. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

I've always figured that Vulcans have a sex-related event *every* 7 years. At age 7, Vulcan children are betrothed. At 14, they have their first Pon Farr. So I figured that, yes, Saavik and Spock had sex when he reached that point (and maybe several more times as he passed through 21, 28, etc) or he would have died again.

And I don't see anything wrong or immoral about that. It was merely logical, a matter of survival, and an act of compassion on Saavik's part. My daughter is approaching 14, and obviously I don't want her having sex until she has finished school and prepared herself for a good life and has found the right partner - but I can promise you that if she was going to DIE if she didn't have sex at 14, I'd be helping her look for someone suitable now!
    That's it! She and Spock had sex, and she got pregnant - with David! :rommie:

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Spock knocked the bottom outta that thang.

6. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I suspect in the scene that we witness she may be be establishing the psychic link that is something between a betrothal and a marriage. Although he was aging so fast he could have well reached the physical age of his first pon farr in minutes, and then again in a few minutes more, and so on... so hell yeah they did it, but how many times did they do it?

It was always intended that Saavik had feelings for Spock: the way she reacted to Spock's fake death in STII and later on to his real death were evidence of this but it was subsumed when they made her far less emotional in the sequels, which was a real shame.

Saavik's canon age is a bit vague too. Just because she is an inexperienced junior officer doesn't mean she has to be very young (Tuvok was a 100 year old lieutenant). Alley was 30 or 31, while Spock was only about 53, which isn't that old for a Vulcan. They were both much older by the time they married if an adult Picard was present at their wedding (which is more than can be said for Woody Allen).

7. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Captain Picard was at Woody Allen's wedding?! I.. did.. not.. know that! ;)

8. Pauln6

The temporal police never take direct action when there's a free buffet available. Remember Douglas' Adams famous quotation: 'Time is relative, lunchtime doubly so.'

9. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Spock shagged Kirstie Alley so hard that she turned into Robin Curtis.

10. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:guffaw:

11. Capt_Pickirk

Capt_Pickirk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The quote is 'Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubley so'. but whatever

12. Pauln6

Dammit - fingers crossed I'm getting the radio plays for Xmas, I'm getting very rusty!

13. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

It seems pretty common sense that they had sex. They get all close and intimate, Saavik's eyes dilate, she starts panting, Spock looks scared and confused and excited all at the same time, they do that weird thing with their hands... and cut to a different scene.

14. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

You should've made the poll a public one so we could see the 4 nincompoops who voted "no of course they didn't" and "unlikely".

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Vulcan's Heart (my favorite Trek novel of all time, BTW) made a very convincing case as to the sincerity of Spock and Saavik's relationship. I haven't read TPP or the DC Comics stories, but VH portrayed them as being very much in love. (FWIW, as VH depicted it, Picard was a very green junior officer, probably no more than 20, when he was present at the betrothal.)

16. Sky

Sky Captain Captain

My problem is, I read the Pandora Principle before Vulcan's Heart. In the former, Spock is Saavik's father figure... the latter felt like ew after that.

17. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Same here, and very much agreed. Even though Vulcan's Heart specifically contradicts The Pandora Principle by saying that Spock and Saavik only met just prior to STII, it was nasty to read about them lusting for each other:ack:.

18. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Spock did NOT have sex with Saavik in TSFS. His body did though. Spock wasn't home at the time he was stuck in McCoy's head. I'm not sure who had more fun. Spock's Body because he got to dick Saavik or Spock's Brain because he got to dick around with McCoy... Spock's Body. Definitely Spock's Body.

19. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

I see what you're trying to say here, but Spock's katra was merged with the katra of the regenerated Spock, it didn't overwrite it. So Spock may recall his experiences on the genesis planet as part of the merging, even if his katra was not one at the time.

Why did the protomatter that destroyed the Genesis planet not ultimately destroy the recreated Spock is another question?

20. Cm. Kora'Tor

Cm. Kora'Tor Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Aboard the USS Trinity (Sovereign class) AU
    I voted that they did. Far as I was concerned when I first watched the movie...and knew about Vulcan tradition...she would basically have to submit to him to save his life. (Yeah not like that was a hardship...he was pretty cute then) And when she stayed on Vulcan at the end of SFS...that she was pregnant and chose to stay.
    I doubt Spock remembered right away what transpired between them. He barely remembered the crew...his friend, Jim.
    Now, later after his marbles were in line, that was a whole different matter and I am sure that is where 'Vulcan Heart' comes in.
    It has been many years since I read the book. Perhaps a refresher is in order. Hmmm. :)