Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

And Guy goes straight for the can of worms! :lol:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know that that's barely a thimble of worms compared to the full the story.

What about Hope and little Scott?

Or even his other grandchild Hyperstorm... Corsair died like 5 minutes ago, how do you tell Little Scott that his daddy didn't die when he thought he did, and what about Alex or Vulcan?

Dark Beast?

Is it just me, or has Bobby lead a charmed life compared to the rest of the original X-Men? The Asgardian's cursed him for a while, but he got over that, and his Dad got all 1950s about his asian girlfriend... But that's about it.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  3. Turtletrekker

Very true.:)

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

My head hurts.

5. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

You can Scott Lobdell. He is currently writing for DC fyi.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Guardians of the Galaxy #2 was very good. This book has impressed me a great deal, so much so that it's become one of my favourite titles. I didn't expect that at all.

7. Guy Gardener

Does that mean that you are willing to go back in time and find some back issues?

8. Turtletrekker

I am semi-interested in going back and reading some older stories featuring this incarnation of the Guardians. The drawback for me is that while I know that DnA have garnered a lot of praise for their cosmic work, my only exposure to them has been Heroes for Hire and New Mutants, neither of which impressed me.

9. Guy Gardener

It's been traded. It's old. Therefore your public library. Therefore an online catalogue, which means that every library in your state will be clambering to do you service... Your trade of the Annihilation wave may have travelled 500 miles in a white panel van to come get clutched by your greedy little fingers. You'll only have to waste your time, not your dollars.

Of course if you like it, then you should buy it.

The space stuff at the time was highly interconnected because of a big frakking war, and some of the complimentary books written by other bozos are neither necessary nor good, but you mileage may vary.

10. Admiral_Young

I did read some of the Abnett and Lanning stuff during Annihilation (or around that time). I may pick up whatever the library does have.

11. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Or heck just do a Marvel Unlimited sub for a month and read all or most of it there. Then you can always read something else that you like lol

I read part of it and while some of it was pretty good, it was kinda... like watching Season 5-7 of DS9, B5, SG1 and throwing in a mix of like Lost or something all at the same time.

12. Turtletrekker

Peter David on ending his run on X-Factor. Happily, his health wasn't an issue as he says that his story had reached it's natural conclusion. He also says that he has a new Marvel project in the works. :)

13. Admiral_Young

Also "X-Men: Battle of the Atom" is the big X-Men 50th Anniversary event, co-written between Bendis, Jason Aaron, and Brian Wood. It will start in September. Here are some concept sketches of the future X-Men team that will be lead by "Kate Pryde". I'm actually really excited for this...mostly to do with Aaron and Wood's involvement.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04...ine-ice-man-deadpool-and-xorn-from-art-adams/

They also stated they're purposely not announcing another project which probably is the top secret Frank Cho thing...maybe they're saving that for SDCC.

14. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I am so avoiding Battle of the Atom. I'm done with crossovers and big events for the foreseeable future.

15. Admiral_Young

^ So you'll be avoiding "Infinity" I guess as well? That's a shame since it'll be written by Hickman and he's never disappointed. The only reason why I'm excited for Battle of the Atom is as I mentioned due to Jason Aaron and Brian Wood's involvement. Hopefully they'll be enough to balance Bendis :)

16. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Yeah. No more crossovers/big events for me.

17. Admiral_Young

Okay so it looks like it will be just taking place through Uncanny, All New, and Wolverine and the X-Men. With it booked marked by X-Men: Battle of the Atom #1 kicking it off in September, and then issue #2 in October. Bendis will be writing issue one, with Frank Cho on art, and then Jason Aaron writing issue 2 with a mystery artist.

18. Turtletrekker

I'll be picking up Wolverine and the X-Men and Wood's X-Men for the event, as well as my usual pulls of All-New and Uncanny. Assuming it's just those issues and the bookends, I'm all in. Not gonna bother with any crossover that doesn't deal directly with the main story.

19. Admiral_Young

It's an X-Men event...so it doesn't appear to be any tie-ins with anything else. So yeah if you're already getting those books you should be fine in terms of collecting the series.

20. Admiral_Young