GTA V Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jax, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I'd imagine next fiscal year so anywhere between October 2012 and April 2013.

2. Kronos

Kronos Admiral Admiral

Excited, more excited then I was for 4, which as Timby said, lacked color :D

3. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Looks fantastic. So long as they don't have anybody as annoying as fucking Roman this time out, I'll be more than happy.

4. General_Phoenix

General_Phoenix Captain Captain

Yeah, and leave out friends calling you wanting to go bowling or going out to eat. I have pigeons to kill, don't wanna waste time hanging with Lil Jacob, though some of them had some nice perks once you got a high enough percentage in the friendship rating.

I'd be surprised if this game is as big as San Andreas was, with all the county areas and such, not to mention the desert and all that, but would be extremely happy if it did.

5. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Looks good.
    Some speculation:

I do hope there is some crossover with GTA4, like seeing or getting missions from some of the GTA4(main and expansion game) characters...

6. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I don't mind that - the mini games could be fun.

The weird thing about the trailer is actually recognizing some of those locations as based on places I've been.

7. General_Phoenix

Will be interesting to see if the Grove Street gang is still around, especially after all the trouble I went to to acquire all the gang territories. Dang, looking forward to this game - atleast Saints Row the 3rd is coming out to keep my busy until then.

8. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think the friendship mechanic was fine in TLAD and TBoGT; you could invite your friends out to an activity but they never called you. I think that's the best way to do it, that way it doesn't annoy players that don't want to play the minigames but those that do get some advantageous perks.

9. General_Phoenix

Yeah, I think the best perk was probably from Kiki - being able to clear up to a 3 star wanted level with a phone call was nice. Packie had the sticky bombs, but with Ballad of Gay Tony you could just get them whenever you wanted basically.

10. paulhector

paulhector Cadet Newbie

Thanks for sharing this information because i am big fan of GTA..hurraayyyyyyyyyyy:techman:

11. Rincewiend

12. 3chordboy

3chordboy Commander Red Shirt

haha, the voiceover in the trailer is Ray Liotta! :)

13. 3chordboy

3chordboy Commander Red Shirt

14. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Um, no. Did you look at the link? If not, it's a demo reel for a Ned Luke, who is now commonly believed to be the voice in the GTAV announcement trailer.

And then there's the fact that representatives for the actor has said it was not Liotta's voice.

15. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One year later... Trailer 2 is out:

[yt]v=Vzue74y7A84[/yt]

It looks like a lot of fun. The three protagonist idea sounds very interesting, but a big departure from the norm like this has big risks. Here's hoping that Rockstar pull it off because the gameplay looks fantastic otherwise.

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ahh, spring! This would be a great game to be playing right now in this crap weather awaiting the holidays. Looks good.

17. Rincewiend

Looks fun...
    Has a bit of a Vice City/San Andreas vibe going on...

18. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It looks great. I don't know about the switch anytime for any mission protagonist setup for gameplay purposes but it looks fun for story purposes.

I just have a feeling that it's going to be overscripted like IV was. Like with car chases, where it's impossible to catch a guy until you get to the correct scripted point. If I outsmart the AI or just get a lucky gunshot on a tire I want the car chase to be over in seconds.

19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

It'll be fun tearing around Los Santos again...but if I have to follow another damn train....*shudders* ;)

20. Rincewiend

On a bicycle no less...