How Many People Viewed Your “Most Viewed Thread” Here on Trekbbs?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ro_Laren, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

Just out of curiosity, how many people have viewed your “most viewed thread” here on the Trekbbs board? To find this out you will probably need to do a thread search by your username, but I’m sure you’d probably remember your most viewed thread. My most viewed thread was about the Royal Wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton. I posted it April 22, 2011 and there were 22,662 views and 364 comments. Of course, I am probably 22,000 of those views and 300 of those comments, lol!
    I know that there are some threads out there that have gotten a whole lot more views and comments that my Royal Wedding thread...

2. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

3. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I don't think you can actually tell, can you? The views aren't individual people, they're individual views. You could just have a single stalker who viewed your thread 22,662 times! ;)

4. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've started a good amount of the NFL/MLB discussion threads in the sports forum, and one of the NFL threads got like 83,000+ views. That's probably the most.

5. Ood Sigma

Ood Sigma Commander Red Shirt

9765 for my Mass Effect thread: http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=172519

It started out with me getting frustrated with the controls in the first Mass Effect game and then morphed into a general playthrough thread for the whole series, as I was convinced to keep playing.

6. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Mine was a sporting based thread on the 2012 London olympics

7. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Plus they aren't consistient. I've noticed the number of views stay the same after I went into a thread time to time.

I checked. Only my Klingon's eating habits thread came close to 2000 views. I don't know how many actual posters viewed it.

8. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

19,522 views of my surgery update in 2011

9. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Got 6,950 views on my resent Louisiana petitions Obama for secession.

:)

10. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I haven't started many threads this year, but my "Express yourself in one word thread" in Misc. has 7,743 views.

eta: Heh....back in 2010, when I was still doing the Hunk of the Week threads, the Karl Urban thread had 32,207 views. :lol:

11. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Zero:(

Of course, it would help if I'd actually started a thread over the course of my time here:lol:

12. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

122,278 views, 7,926 posts in a TNZ thread which must not be named.

13. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

3,858 views for a thread I started almost two yers ago in the Battlestar Galactica forum. I'm not a big thread starter, me, with a total of four to my name (one of which, for the movie Source Code, was redundant and so deleted/merged).
    Special interest, serious/frivolous callers only.

14. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

81,840 on a thread I started in TNZ.

15. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

16. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

I think my longest in recent years was my 'Miscellaneous Street - the Soap Opera" thread with 1616 comments and almost 42,000 views.

It is possible that some of my earliest "Miss Chicken - Ruler of the World" threads had higher counts but they don't come up in the search engine. The last Ruler of the World thread (in 2010) only went to 11,005 views and 446 comments. Maybe my first Slave Auction thread went quite high as well.

17. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

^You're supposed to thing big, Supreme ruler of the multi-verse. :P

18. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

It's threads like this which make me whip out the Search facility and gaze fondly at my inane ramblings of old. :biggrin: :sigh:

Doing the search, I noted that I had started 186 threads - I had started more but they would have been deleted in the database cull prior to 2008-ish.

Of these, the most-viewed include the current Q&A thread in the Admirals Lounge (so far 25,527) - but that's more of a community thread for everyone rather than a thread of my own design, so that doesn't count. Last season's Formula 1 thread in the Sports forum (13,965) and the first Interpretation of Dreams thread in Misc (13,242) were viewed quite a bit.

Surprisingly, the one thread I started which received the most views (though not the most replies) was the Misc. thread about D&D character alignments (31,065 views but only 53 replies). That was back in the day when all I posted in Misc. was online quizzes and links to fluffy BBC news articles. :)

I think the more impressive feat, rather than having threads with the most views and replies, is threads with the fewest views. I have a Lounge thread that had precisely six views. Six. :guffaw: :(

(Funnily enough, this evening I've been catching up on shows on BBC iPlayer, and tonight's viewing include a documentary film about Donald Trump's plans for a golf course in Balmedie, Aberdeenshire, which made several references to the film "Local Hero"; and a documentary about British pub rockers Chas & Dave on their final tour together. While skimming through the BBS Search facility for threads I started, I saw that one was about Chas & Dave ending their musical partnership [148 views, 1 reply] and the other was about the landslide threatening the people in the real-life Aberdeenshire village of Pennan where "Local Hero" was filmed [76 views, zero replies].)

19. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

There was one thread in which the little three-legged cat extraordinaire expanded her domain and started to give out planets and moons etc for people to rule.

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

65,437 views so far for my Hobbit thread in SF/F.