Star Trek Continues, Episode 4 - "The White Iris"

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by BoredShipCapt'n, May 19, 2015.

1. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

Well well well... A thing like that!

2. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

You have a point about announcing actors beforehand. I don't remember if Lou Ferrigno was spoiled before the airing of Lolani, but all that I know is I was blown away when he made his appearance on my screen. It definitely wouldn't have had the same impact if I'd known in advance.

Now I'm not a big Doctor Who fan and I wasn't watching during the Baker years, but I would imagine that the impact might be similar for those fans if he remained a surprise.

3. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  4. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

5. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

STC has announced all of the guest actors with great fanfare, and even some extras. They've been very tight-lipped about the roles, though.

6. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

I might have been unclear. I meant please don't share any spoilers before the public release of the episode, and after that, always use spoiler tags for any information that is spoiler-ish and revelatory. Speculate all you'd like, but post no untagged spoilers and don't promulgate others' untagged spoilers.

The problem might just be that you thought that because "someone else" already posted the information "somewhere else," somehow it becomes non-revelatory and non-spoiler-ish. Of course, people who don't want to know the information in advance of seeing the episode are probably the final arbiters of whether the episode was spoiled a bit for them. I would be disinclined to try and convince people that they haven't actually been spoiled by the "fair game" information you've regurgitated that readers stumble over unexpectedly.

7. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

This is great because it leaves the reveal until the episode - you can get a surprise which is rare in the internet age!

8. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

I'm kind of torn. I am very,very curious about who the guest actors are in Ep 5, but on the other hand, if there's a really big name, I think I'll settle for a more tight-lipped approach. I wasn't aware that Marina Sirtis or Michael Dorn were going to be featured as the computer voices prior to the episodes being released and that was a nice surprise. I guess I like surprises.

9. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

I'm the same - I'm also a Doctor Who fan; if there's spoilers there I'll read them but I had know idea what was going to happen in 'Doomsday' before it aired and it was amazing.

I do regret reading who River Song was when it was leaked though! But I didn't learn haha still a spoilerphile!

10. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

For consistency's sake, I hope Marina will continue to do the computer voice throughout the run.. :)

11. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

Is there any word on when it'll go live online? The screening in Phoenix is under three hours from now.

12. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I believe it's to be released online at 12 midnight PDT (which is effectively May 30th). That makes it 3am for those of us in the East.

13. chrinFinity

chrinFinity Captain Captain

It's on vimeo with password protection now. When will it be unlocked? Sadly I wasn't a funder, just a fan.

14. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

See previous posts.

15. Firebird

Firebird Commodore Commodore

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    Which previous post? The closest we come to a time is just that it's supposed to premier tonight sometime online, but no actual timestamp.

16. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

12 midnight PDT, it's in the quoted section in your post.

17. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

STC's Facebook page indicates that it will premiere tonight at midnight PDT. (That's 3:00 a.m. EDT.)

18. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

Wow, apparently a secret guest star who wasn't announced. As I said, I do like surprises. I guess we'll find out in 5.5 hours.

From the STC facebook page:

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  19. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

Ah, I think understand the confusion .. The premiere is taking place at the Phoenix Comicon, then it will be released online at midnight.

20. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

I think I'll watch it with my bowl of cereal tomorrow morning.