Survivor 27: Blood vs Water

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by JirinPanthosa, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Well, it did give her a chance to talk to her mother. I see from the preview that Tina said she wouldn't mind letting Katie win. That's not good; I think Tina is a hell of a competitor, and I'd hate to see her throw a challenge for the sake of a daughter who should win on her own merits if she's going to win at all.

2. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I fell way behind, finally caught up. I'm not buying any Hayden praise. It was crappy scrambling saved by Ciera being stupid. The previous week, if anything I think the scrambling to throw Ciera under the bus after his plan went south was much better played, even if it didn't work.

Way to put your neck on the rock drawing line there Ciera, where you only have a 1 out of 3 chance of it going your way, while letting Hayden absolve himself of any risk in that tribal council. Girl, u dumb as hell.

3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

They tried a little too hard in that episode to convince you Monica was going to flip.

My only fear now is that Monica wins on spite votes against Tyson. Or, if Laura comes back there's a stronger argument for Monica to flip. Laura "Hey, I'm the favorite for the last immunity challenge. I win, who are they going to vote out? And besides, wouldn't you rather be the only non-Moret in the final than be against the two obvious best strategic players?"

I do like the rock-drawing system for ties. Remember there were two ties in the first three seasons, then none between Paschal being screwed in season 4 and last week. The goal of the rock drawing system is to prevent ties, and it did its job extremely well.

4. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, there was no good reason for Monica to flip since it wouldn't have moved her up in the pecking order. At best, she'd still be #3 and probably would have ended up #4 if she flipped.

I like that they draw rocks for ties instead of counting previous votes against, but I don't think it's fair that the people initially voted for get a pass. I'd rather see everybody without immunity be forced to draw rocks.

5. JirinPanthosa

Looking forward to the finale.

BTW, heads up warning. I looked up who was on Amazing Race next season.

The good news is, Flight Time & Big Easy are back.

The bad news is, yep! So are Brendan and Rachel. I guess it could be worse, it could be Jeff & Jordan, but this is the next worst thing. God damn it, what does TV see in these people?

6. Timewalker

Who or what are those? :confused:

7. JirinPanthosa

The Globetrotters.

Also I googled Survivor 28 cast spoilers. It looks like it's an all new cast. FINALLY.

8. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I utterly despise Monica. Just needed to get that out there.

9. JirinPanthosa

I'm so happy Tyson won. I was scared of the spite vote for Monica.

Brains vs Brawn vs Beauty. So basically it's the Big Brother clique idea, only labelled less silly. Ok. At least there are no returning players next season. That's fine, they'll merge it into two tribes in episode 2-4.

Wasn't that Hayden's season? Why didn't he say "They already did that on Big Brother with the cliques"?

10. Timewalker

Sorry, it's still clear as mud. I'm not up on the nicknames the different teams get (I'm guessing you are referring to team nicknames? Or is it something else? I missed a few seasons...).

11. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Globetrotters... as in Harlem Globetrotters, basketball team known for doing basketball tricks and demolishing fake(?) teams that nobody's ever heard of and probably don't actually try. Flight Time and Big Easy. Really tall black guys. Played basketball, jovial as all hell? Brendan and Rachel I'm not sure of... presumably one of the bickering horror couples? But which one I couldn't say. I'm still on the first ep of this season's Amazing Race, probably going to marathon it when I fly home for the holidays and am bored out of my wits, so no spoilers please :)

Anyway, I'm so glad Tyson won. Monica was pretty despicable. She actually thought that normal people would be swayed by her "boo-hoo I'm a beauty queen who married an NFL prospect and got to live a life of ease for the last 20 years thanks to his NFL career but it's never about me" crap. Where did her single vote come from anyway? That person should be evaluated.

Gervaise just came off as too much of a non-entity. Tyson even had the pro 'emotional' plea about his sister during his opening statement to help swing those votes. That was really well played.

All-in-all I'm pretty happy that it didn't explode into a potential nightmare final 3 of Tina, Ciera, and Monica... ugh. Ugh ugh ugh.

12. Timewalker

Ah, thanks for explaining. :)

I'm glad Ciera didn't win. I was really beginning to loathe her smug face.

13. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Glad to see that Tyson won.

The reunion show was kind of boring (it usually is). It's hard to go into any depth with that many cast members there. And I wish they wouldn't have spent any time talking to Colton- since he quit, I don't think he should have even been allowed to participate.

Glad to hear there's no returning players next year, but I'm not too thrilled about the brawn vs. beauty vs. brains concept. Seems a little too contrived.

14. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Vytas, I would guess. Wasn't he the one who said he made a promise to himself earlier in the game that he wouldn't vote for Tyson to win? I thought that was a little petty, considering Tyson was the only really worthy choice of the final three. Gervais rode Tyson's coattails and his loudmouthed nature caused more trouble than anything else, and Monica refused to make a big move right up until the very end despite all her posturing about how she was the swing vote and the one controlling the outcome.

15. JirinPanthosa

The Harlem Globetrotters are a famous basketball comedy show. Flight Time & Big Easy are a group that has competed twice before on the show, the first time coming in fifth and losing because they couldn't spell Franz, and the second time in the 'Unfinished business' season coming in second.

Brendan and Rachel are one of the irritating Big Brother groups that keep getting invited to Amazing Race.

I agree the Brains vs Brawn vs Beauty is a dumb gimmick, but how long do 3+ tribe gimmicks ever last on the show? They reduce to 2 after the first couple episodes. It's the same as the race season, they make a big deal about it at the start, then it gets forgotten immediately.

16. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Glad Tyson won, he deserved it.

Monica became brutally annoying by the end of the whole thing. She's such a victim, you guys.

Poor Gervase got all dressed up for nothing. :( Seriously though, riding on someone's coattails is never a strategy that the jury respects.

I thought this season was very decent and enjoyable. My only complaint was that this season didn't really show the struggle of living out in the wild with nothing but the clothes on your back. Survivor has done that so well in the past, capturing the suffering that the people in the game endure. Maybe it was just a weather thing, like was said in the reunion.

Bring on the Brains vs Brawn vs Beauty! Like it was said upthread, that'll only last for a few episodes before they merge, no big deal. I don't know why but I thought of Revenge of the Nerds 2: Nerds in Paradise when they announced what the premise of next season would be. Great effin' movie.

17. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Loved seeing the update on Cochran. Though even more now he should be doing post game commentary on some cbs show.

Heartbreaking news about Tina's son though :(

18. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Wasn't Hayden's season, it was the season Jordan won.

19. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Waiting till next season hope it is better