FTL: Faster Than Light

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jim Steele, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Jim Steele

Jim Steele Vice Admiral Admiral

Apologies if there's already a thread, did a search and found nothing but I thought you guys would be aaaall over this wee gem:

http://www.ftlgame.com/

It's a strategic RPG/sort of roguelike space combat and exploration game with permadeath. And it's utterly brilliant, and cheap as hell.

My good friend and colleague Detective Inspector Tam McGleish did a very NSFW review if you like that sort of thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTH82KTThGs&feature=youtu.be

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I bought it in the Steam sale. Great little game. I've played something like twelve hours on it so far. Never made it to the end so far. Close but usually end up getting killed with about half of the sectors to go.

3. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There was a thread somewhere...I got the game around the time it came out based on a review by TotalBiscuit. Fun little game for a while. I haven't played it in months, but I think I got my $10 out it.

4. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

It is a fun game. I've beat it a few times, including one particularly interesting case when the boss ship exploded, but their last shot was enough to do in my ship. It still counted as a win though. :lol:

5. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Definitely worth it. I don't dare play because I know I'd turn into a junkie.

I'd love to see a high-def version of it someday.

6. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

The Crystal Ship taunts me.