Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

394 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Willieck

Willieck Commander Red Shirt

Not a Kes fan then?

I tend to agree. When Seven first makes her very first appearance on the Cube in Scorpion 2 I start to feel the tingle of anticipation. (disgusting at my age :))

I once had a "discussion" on another forum; Kes v Seven and the guy got quite emotional when I suggested that he preferred his ladies just a little more submissive . He thought I was getting too personal about his sexuality. :rolleyes:

2. Giwu

Giwu Ensign Newbie

Hello, All

I would describe myself as a rabid Trek fan until DS9 went off the air, since then I have drifted to become much more of a casual (sometimes apathetic) fan. I started watchin TOS in the early 1980s (somewhere after theater realease of TWOK but before TSFS) and became a fan of TOS, TNG and DS9. I never got into Voyager, Enterprise of the new movie, but I am going to start rounding out my collections and watching all series and movies.

I used to love to read the books, but as I got older, I felt like the books were written more for kids than adults. I suppose that was in keeping with the PG rating of things and the fact there seemed to be a 'dark time' for Star Trek publishing.

I'm looking for a couple music clips, I like to find a few books to read and I really would like to find a real life club in my area.

Hi to all!

3. Asrathiel

Asrathiel Ensign Newbie

Ah, Kes is alright, but I can't say she grabbed me like Seven did ;)

lol, seems that any Star Trek discussion ends up getting pretty emotional!

4. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome aboard, Asrathiel! I am not a fan of the Spock/Uhura make-out scenes either. :cardie:
    A hearty hello to all the newbies. Join in the fun and frivolity that is TrekBBS!!:techman:

5. Xenu Cruise

Xenu Cruise Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi everybody. Just signed up today. I was glad to stumble across a Trek board with some activity to it. I probably became a big trek fan in the 90s, when DS9 was just starting out. I watched it from the get-go and it is still my favorite series to this day. VOY has hit and miss for me and I thought Enterprise was so bad I had to stop watching it. Maybe one day I'll pick it up again, but it is nice to know that there is still new-to-me Trek available, even if it is bad.

I liked the new movie, but I think it is somewhat sad that the universe that we knew and loved it dead to the screen. Fortunately, there are still the books to keep things going and I enjoy (many of) them very much. I mostly read the stuff set after the TV shows, but find myself going back to fill in the blanks every now and then. I also hope to one day make it out to Vegas for the big convention. Let's hope...

Nice to meet everybody.

6. Romtehretard

Romtehretard Cadet Newbie

Mooogie! uhm i mean hi all.

7. TeaKirk

TeaKirk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

*Pokes head in* uh Hi, I joined back in Feb and just wanted to say ummm Hi since I've never gotten that chance to introduce myself:biggrin: *Waves* (I know, I'm now that much of a talker)

Info about me
    Favorite shows: Digimon, Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Star Trek, Batman, Captain Planet, Power Rangers, any kind of anime, Jackass, Anything on Adult Swim or Comedy Central

Favorite bands: Linkin Park, Green Day, Evanescence, System of a Down, Disturbed, Hammerfall, Bleeding Through, Nightwish, Dethklok, Sonic Syndicate, Papa Roach, Mindless Self Indulgence, drowning pool, AC/DC, Poison, Twisted Sister, Trapt, Smashing Pumpkins, Deathstars, within temptation, hollywood undead, Threat Signal, Sirenia, After Forever, Agathodaimon, Agnostic Front, All Shall Perish, Amorphis, Annotations Of An Autopsy, Anthrax, Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Toybox, Aqua, Archenemy, Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold, Smash Mouth,

Favorite Star Trek season
    TOS

Fave character
    Chekov

8. Sector 7

Ahoy, welcome aboard shipmates!! Join in the fun and frivolity that is TrekBBS (some of you already have... yay!).

9. Nerd unRage

Nerd unRage Commander Red Shirt

Hi all. I've been lurking a bit for the past month or so before joining yesterday. I like that this Forum isn't comprised solely of people who have practically everything known about Trek memorized. It seems to be a good mix of us "noobs" and longtime fans.

I knew what Star Trek was as a kid but didn't become a fan until last year's movie. I decided this year to go back to the source material if you will and have really enjoyed watching TOS (I'm still working on season 2) as well as TNG on BBC America. I've been making my way through the movies and just go done watching Star Trek VI last night. :cool:

10. Clare

Clare Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi everyone =]

I'm very new, just joined a few days ago and I'm so glad I did because not only do I love Star Trek but this forum seems really nice and friendly unlike other stupid chat rooms I've joined and soon left......

It was the 2009 movie that first got my sister hooked and then a few months later me! I've been into Star Trek for nearly 8 months now and have made my way through seven of the films including the 2009 one (I can't wait to see Generations as I'm pretty sure it has Data's Life Forms song in it!) I've watched about two thirds of the TNG series and some TOS as well.

Also what I love about Star Trek is it does bring together all age groups (especially since the 2009 movie) and it's funny because when my mum was growing up she was watching TOS on tv.......little did she know about 30 years later her kids would be talking about it as if it's new!

11. Sector 7

Welcome, Nerd_unRage and Clare!! I enjoy reading posts by new members. Long before you came aboard, there was a debate about whether fans of the 2009 movie would care about or enjoy original Trek. It looks as though the answer is YES, you do!

12. Peterdemon

Peterdemon Cadet Newbie

Hey all,

I just did a topic which included a hello, it being my first post and all that...but I've been checking out a few topics here and it seems like a knowledgable community.

Speaking for myself I'm into TOS, TNG and DS9 , plus I enjoy most of the movies - particularly Wrath of Khan and the reboot film.

I've been a fan for over 20 years, but haven't really watched as much Trek recently as I used to. However I still try to catch an episode or put on a movie DVD from time to time. I like doing impressions of a few Trek characters, and I'm thinking of taking forward my Patrick Stewart/Picard voice further as this year goes on.

Good to meet you all.

-Pete

13. Sector 7

Hi, Peterdemon, welcome aboard! We may be knowledgeable, but mostly we are an opinionated bunch who think we are knowledgeable.:rommie: Of course, we each also just know we are always right.:guffaw:

14. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was just browsing this thread for something to do, and and realized it seems the ratio of the fairer sex has increased significantly lately.

Maybe it's just me.

15. Nerd unRage

LOL. At least for those of us that post our gender. Welcome Peterdemon!

16. Sector 7

^I have not found out HOW to post my gender. I clicked on every item in my User CP to no avail.

17. Nerd unRage

Edit details then go to Additional Information. It should be the first box under that section.

18. Sector 7

Thank you, Nerd unRage!! :brickwall: I cannot tell you how many times I must have glossed over that box while searching. :shrug: It is not often an Ensign gets to school a Rear Admiral... well done!!!:techman:

19. Nerd unRage

Woo hoo! Do I get to be captain now? :techman:

20. Sector 7

No, but there is an ion storm approaching and I need someone to get into the pod. Thank you for volunteering, Nerd unRage.:devil: