50th Anniversary Story Official Thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Atticus, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Actually, this is the quote:

I bolded the words "part of the Doctor" to highlight the ambiguity. He could be something like "The Watcher" from 4-5's transition or the Valeyard.

2. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

A trinity that included David Tennant? Past, present and future Doctor then?

3. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

True, but they can crop to 16:9 and have resolution to spare. Film has a higher resolution than HD.

Mr Awe

4. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Reminds me of the Doctor-Donna-MetaDoctor stuff.

5. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or he's just using "part" as a synonym for "incarnation".

Even with all the fake rumors going round, I'll go for the theory from the person who correctly linked Hurt and the Doctor when no one else had even considered the possibility.

6. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Because

A) There are fans including me who want to see more of McGann. And we want to see how McGann dies.
    B) Nothin' wrong with nice affects. ;)
    C) Why not? Might as well. It gets fans of the new series curious of the classic series.
    D) McGann is my second favourite doctor closely behind Tennant and closely in front of Eccleston. I do have some emotional connection to his doctor, and I for one want to see how it all happens.
    E) It solves the long asked question.
    Interesting.

7. CommanderRyan

CommanderRyan Ensign Red Shirt

Can't wait for all the 50th Anniversary stuff with the anniversary episode in November with Ten and Rose, Eleven and Clara along with Kate Stewart and I would presume UNIT against the Zygons. Then I think before that we get the docudrama "An Adventure in Space and Time" I think some time this summer.

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^No, I think the docudrama also airs on November on or around the anniversary.

9. Scruggernaut

Scruggernaut Ensign Red Shirt

Have we heard anything about a US theatrical showing of the 50th Anniversary in 3D? I really, really hope they do a Fathom Events or whatever as I'd like to see it in 3D.

10. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

No, we haven't, but then again, details are scarce on the UK 3-D screenings. The anniversary is still six months off. If BBC America is working on it, we'll hear about it when it's ready.

11. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If it was a static shot you might not have to zoom in, leave it full screen and just build new sides in CG to fill the frame.

Though IIRC all except Hartnell and McCoy have something on film that still exists.

12. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

So, something is going to happen to the past Doctors in the final which will allow them to return in the 50th as older versions of themselves... timey wimey stuff and all that... :p

13. Mr Awe

^ Would be cool!

14. The Wormhole

My own personal opinion is that if there is screenings outside the UK it will just be a one-night affair, similar to the HD TNG episodes that get theatrical screenings.

15. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Anybody remember the fan made Who episode Devious, they had a story were a unfinished regeration between Troughton to Pertwee had adverntures before the timeloards stepped in and forced the regen to continue and finish on Pertwee, with the help of Petwee himself.:techman:

I wonder if the 50th is going down a similar route, or will Hurt just be playing a older McGann Dr.

Cant wait.

16. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sorry if I've missed it, but no-one seems to have mentioned this: do you reckon that we'll get the title of the special announced (and a trailer) at the end of the May 18th episode?

17. The Wormhole

Moffat says there will be a clip for the special shows immediately after the finale provided no one uploads the episodes online before Saturday (related to BBC America shipping the DVD sets early).

18. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep, but I mean a Dr Who will return in... at the end of the episode, not an online bonus. That would to be in the tx file sent to the tx services by yesterday at latest.

19. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

According to Moffat, the Anniversary Special will "be as long as it needs to be. The script is quite long though. I’m looking at it now. Ooh, that’s quite long."

There's then this bizarre Moffat quote:

I say "bizarre," because scripts are written one page per minute of screentime. If Moffat is getting radically different running times from scripts the same length ("The Snowmen" and "Scandal in Belgravia"), or if he's getting a 40 minute episode out of a 70 pagre script ("The Time of Angels"), then he's doing something really wrong.

I still think, based on shooting dates, that 60 minutes is the likely runtime.

20. Mr Awe

^^ I'm not surprised at all. I've always suspected that Moffat's scripts broke the one page per minute guideline. He crams in so much dialog that I long suspected that his scripts had to be longer than the norm just for a regular length episode. I think this contributes to the impression that he is a slow writer! He just fits in more per episode.

So, I don't think that's odd at all, fits right in with my perception of his scripts.

Mr Awe