Power Rangers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by SG-17, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bill Shatner for Master Head! :D

Mark

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It seems to me that Goseiger drew some inspiration from MMPR. I mean, the mentor is an extradimensional disembodied head with a robot assistant, much like Zordon.

3. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe they're just trying to throw people off.

It happened with Disney when they they tried to deny that Jason Frank would come back for Dinothunder.

If Megaforce lasts for two years, it's probably not set in stone whether they'll adapt Gokaiger or not.

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

5. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

"Collectors version"... I assume that means better quality than the original?
    ETA: Just looked at some pics. Looks good.

Speaking of toys, Bandai's PR Comic-Con Exclusive is a set of all 6 Samurai rangers in full Super Samurai getup, with the Megazord cockpit stands. Pretty sweet, if you're into Samurai. Linky

:techman:

Just Paul Schrier and Jason Narvy alone make the panel awesome. Plus you gotta give major props to Walter Jones for doing these conventions despite not having a significant role on the show in 18 years (I feel really old now), or any at all in the past 10.

6. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

We finally have our new cast for next season.
    [​IMG]
    (from left to right)
    Yellow is Gia, played by Ciara Hanna
    Blue is Noah, played by John Mark Loudermilk
    Red is Troy, played by Andrew Gray
    Black is Jake, played by Azim Rick
    Pink is Emma, played by Christina Masterson

The cast debuted tonight at Power Morphicon 3, and a promo was also shown featuring a mixture of both Goseiger and Gokaiger footage (the latter coming in the form of Megazord footage and footage of the 'Legend War').

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

8. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Big question when does samuri finish up?

9. Christopher

Haven't seen them acting yet, but at least a couple have a decent amount of prior IMDb credits, albeit mostly minor roles, so that's, err, something. (Although the Red Ranger seems to be a model with no prior acting experience onscreen, which isn't encouraging.) At least they're a promising-looking bunch, particularly the ladies, who are both beautiful in very different ways. (And they're the ones with the most acting experience, so hopefully they'll give better performances than this year's Rangers.)

Maybe a bit lacking on the diversity front -- there's no Asian cast member yet -- but we do seem to be getting our second Ranger of Arab ancestry (after Firass Dirani in Mystic Force), which is cool. Always nice to see Arab or other Middle Eastern actors getting to play heroes and counter stereotypes.

Anyway, those are really nice Ranger costumes.

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Christina Masterson looks to be part asian or Pacific Islander.

11. Christopher

Hmm, yeah, I suppose she could be. Still, it's hard to be sure.

12. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Whoa, that was nice surprise. Thanks for posting!

And I had no idea PM3 was this month. Off to Youtube...

13. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

The cast looks ok. I'm glad its getting farther away from Goseiger than Samurai was from Shinkenger. I just hope the writing/dialog is better than Samurai. I honestly can't stand Samurai at all, and I watched all of mystic Force.

14. Christopher

Hm? What was wrong with Mystic Force? I quite liked it. It was certainly a lot better-written and better-acted than Samurai.

15. kirk55555

I liked parts of MF. I liked the story arc with Udonna, Leanbow, Solaris Knight. Basically, every big plot not involving the main team was usually enjoyable, like Leanbow's redemption and past, etc. Even Clare had an interesting story. I could not stand the main team, except maybe Xander at times. The Red Ranger was the weakest RR in any PR series I've seen. He might have made a decent lower ranked ranger in another series. By lower ranked I mean a ranger who is there but doesn't get a lot of focus or screen time, and isn't the leader or second in command. Blue, Pink, and yellow I still can't remember their names, but they annoyed me. Even at the end I couldn't really care less about the main team.

16. Christopher

Wow, we disagree there. I really liked the Mystic Force team -- they were one of the better casts.

17. DigificWriter

I've got to agree with Christopher re: Mystic Force; there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. The cast is awesome, the characters are all likeable (IMO), the storyline is the tightest of any season, and it fixes or avoids all of the problems that make its predecessor, S.P.D., the worst season in the franchise.

18. Christopher

Well, I wouldn't say there was nothing wrong with it. The big thing that comes to mind is that Madison was badly underutilized (to the point that one of her very few focus episodes was about her fearing that she didn't contribute enough).

19. DigificWriter

^ I don't personally see that as an issue, although I do think it would've been nice to have seen her get an extra focus ep or two just because I liked her character.

20. kirk55555

Its all just a matter of opinion. I just couldn't stand most of the main cast. Still, they weren't Operation Overdrive bad, or Samurai bad.

Personally, my favorite series is Lost Galaxy. Its my favorite team and my favorite series (although Tommy is probably my favorite ranger). I'm also a big fan of RPM and In Space. I've watched all of Lost Galaxy, Mystic Force, RPM, and In Space. I'm currently watching Lightspeed Rescue, although I'm going through it very slowly. I'm sort of excited for Megaforce (I'm hoping its done better than Samurai), although I love Gokaiger and wish they had adapted that instead of Goseiger (it would be awesome to see the mobirate and ranger keys be made in the US, plus Gokaiger was just a cool show/concept).