Enterprise or Voyager?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by John200, Apr 12, 2010.

?

Which is better?

1. Enterprise

64 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Voyager

72 vote(s)
    52.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John200

John200 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Which show is better?

My choice is Enterprise.

2. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Every time I get asked this the answer is different.

This time, I think... Enterprise.

Season 2 had some promising bits, despite being utterly bland otherwise, and Seasons 3 and 4 were neat changes of pace for Trek.

Personally, Voyager never really grabbed me. I mean, there's plenty of neat standalone episodes, but it felt very TNG. That isn't to say ENT didn't feel TNG at times, but it made efforts to depart from the TNG/VOY norm.

I would have liked to have given it a chance to have a fifth season, but on the other hand, I can't even bear VOY reruns.

3. Withers

Withers Captain

If Enterprise had gone on for seven seasons as opposed to four I have no doubt that it would be the superior show. It was on the right track in seasons three and four and it will forever be the great shame of the franchise that they weren't given the opportunity to grow the way the rest of the series were.

Unfortunately, seasons one and two of Enterprise (like all the other series) were pretty weak. While I loved their additions to the STU (like Thy'lek Shran- what a bad ass) it just didn't get enough time to develop them... the way that Voyager got to develop (at least) the Doctor.

Voyager had seven seasons and, while at least 1/3 of it was crap and that crap lasted all the way up to the final episode, 2/3 of were pretty good (at least tolerable.) So, while I wish I could vote Enterprise, I can't. Which show is better? When viewed as a whole I have to say Voyager.

-Withers-​

4. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^Thy'lek?

5. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was displayed on one of the Defiant's monitors in IAMD as part of Archer's bio. It is either his first name or a title.

6. Joeman

Joeman Captain Captain

Enterprise is my favorite of the series (which is so ironic that I still can't believe it), but I do very much enjoy Voyager as well.

7. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They are both great shows, I really must insist that even though Enterprise is my personal preference I believe it truly stood the test of time much better... certainly in terms of rewatchability.

8. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

I consider Voyager to be more cinsistant in quality. The first two seasons of Enterprise are not quite as good as the average Voyager season but the last two seasons of Enterprise rank among the best in Trek.

While I enjoyed it all, if I picked one of those series to get another season it would be Enterprise.

9. RegFan

RegFan Commodore Commodore

Enterprise. While the first two seasons were not nearly as good as the last two, they were much better than the first two seasons of TNG and an average Voyager season. Voyager was pretty consistent in quality but I never really liked it.

10. Cheapjack

Cheapjack Fleet Captain

Enterprise.

Janeway talks like the headmistress at my first infant school! And, by jiminy, I'd put that Belanna Torres over my knee!

By jiminy!!

11. Pemmer Harge

Pemmer Harge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've not seen all of either, so my opinion could change, but I have to say Voyager. Enterprise was (eventually) the more ambitious show, but the Voyager characters appeal to me more, which makes the show a lot more watchable than it might otherwise be. Give me Janeway over Archer any day.

12. Lor'Vela

Lor'Vela Captain Captain

Probably ENT. Despite VOY starting off in good fashion, it really did become dire towards the latter half of the series. ENT isn't all that much better either (except the process is reversed), but at least ENT produced some really great episodes that VOY struggled to do, IMO.

13. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Some of both series sent me to sleep, quite literally. But whilst Voyager had some fantastic individual episodes, Enterprise had two fantastic seasons, and so it gets my vote. Never thought I'd say that.

14. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

Defnitely Voyager.
    Voyager was smarter episode per episode than DS9 and ENT.
    The drama was mediocre in VOY very often but it hit higher points in it's drama than ENT. I'd put it second place in Drama to DS9.

DS9 was too...stupid most of the time. Their story arcs of events were fragmented and uncompelling once the war started. They couldn't bring the character Drama and the events happening around them together for the life of them so the War always felt like a GIVEN to win for the Federation even though they constantly said and I quote "The Federation can't win the War." So I got tired of that especially after no particular miracle won the war...just numbers and fleet actions.

ENT tried to captialize on the same war arch...
    A lone ship fighting a Temporal War in some part the Galaxy that should have been too far to reach. I was in constant conflict with ENT. The Bad acting from Bakula and Blalock really, really killed it for me. The show was UNimaginative. They couln't let ENT be distinctive of it's own creativity.

They need Romulans, Borg Ferengi, Time Travel, 24 century tech to make it remotely interesting...in other words...they copied and plagiarized the other shows to such an extent it was shameless and egregious. There was much potential here from beginning to end. The producers displayed only but the most limited vision in the first two season and the last two seasons they could only come up with Fan service two parters...

I don't see how that deserves anything but cancellation.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  15. The Shockmaster

The Shockmaster Cadet Newbie

I voted for Enterprise.
    The amount of episodes I liked in the last two seasons of Enterprise outnumber the ones I liked from the entire run of Voyager. I just never could learn to like any of the Voyager crew. I don't think Enterprise's crew is much better but at least I sorta cared about them.

16. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

I really can't choose. Both are good, I usually rank them tied (in 3rd behind 1-TNG and 2-DS9) in a list of favorite series.

17. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Enterprise by a long shot.

In fact both of the TNG spin-offs are the lowest on my list of favorite Star Trek programs. I just hated the bridge crew in Voyager with a passion. I could relate to none of them and they felt contrived.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  18. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Voyager, by a long shot. I think what people seem to forget is Enterprise was the first series since the original to be canceled, and it was done so for a reason. The show sucked.

19. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Voyager had a single likable character (several, in fact), which puts it much, much, much higher than Enterprise.

Or more accurately, likable characters who got significant development or screen time. The ONLY person on Ent I didn't feel annoyance or contempt for was Travis.

20. Piper

Piper Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Enterprise, because it tried to do something different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.