Future Trek Should Reignite Klingon Tensions

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by All Seeing Eye, Jun 8, 2010.

1. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

I'm sure there may be some books that have come up with similar but I don't read Trek books so I don't know what has already been done.

This thread is not my ideas for any particular future book or Trek series but instead my thoughts, ideas and opinions on the direction the Trekverse should take.

Following the destruction of Romulus the Klingon People and many in the High Council sees the destruction of Romulus as a perfect opportunity to declare war and conquer Romulan space. Chancellor Martok and Worf with a handful of others on the other hand are against the idea as it would be sure to bring an end to the Klingon/Federation Alliance once again.
    Martok is eventually challenged in a fight to the death and loses to a Klingon named Kinchath. Kinchath takes command of the high council and immediately declares a state of war against the Romulan Empire.
    The entire Klingon fleet enters Romulan space and begins taking over.
    Kinchath who has never been in favour of a permanent alliance with the Federation pulls the empire out of the Khitomer accords and warns the Federation to stay out of the Klingon/Romulan war. Worf is ordered to return to Federation space by Starfleet but instead chooses to give his resignation and stay on Quo'nos.

The Klingon Empire successfully conquers Romulan space and doubles it's power and territory as a result. The Federation worried about the Klingons turning their attention and aggression towards the Federation enters talks to re-instate the Neutral Zone to which chancellor Kinchath agrees to, but only so it gives the Klingon Empire time to stabilise itself.

The Alpha Quadrant is overrun by Romulan refugees trying to escape the brutal war with the Klingon Empire.

Cardassia joins the Federation.

Several worlds in the Gamma Quadrant join the Federation and several colonies are founded. The Dominion and the Federation through the work of Odo sign a new peace treaty but the Founders only agree to Odo's request in exchange for expansion of Dominion territory into the Alpha Quadrant.

Federation ships begin widespread implementation of Slipstream technology.

2. timelord1010

timelord1010 Captain Captain

Isn't this the plot of the Star Trek Online game?

3. timelord1010

timelord1010 Captain Captain

4. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

No idea. I didn't know Star Trek Online even has a plot.

5. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

some aspects of it is similar but its hardly significant... i like it. except for martok dieing. i always like that guy. dunno why.

EDIT: but to be frank. i'd rather have a post destiny/typhoon pact series

6. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I'd rather the Klingons maintain a love-hate relationship with the Federation for the foreseeable future. They have their differences and disagreements, but they ultimately remain allies with both sides joining forces against threats to them both.

Let's see some new bad guys...

7. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I'm so sick of Klingons it isn't funny. How about a new adversary with a fresh slate, like TNG and DS9 did with the Cardassians?

8. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How about the Tzenkethi? Apparently they're powerful enough that a war with them would destabilize the entire Alpha Quadrant.

9. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

^ The Tzenkethi will probably be in this years DS9 novel, Rough Beasts of Empire.

10. sevenstars

sevenstars Captain Captain

Personally, I think the Klingons need a good long rest.

I was in the "let them die" camp.

11. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

DS9forever, that sounds interesting. Hopefully they get a cool story.