Secret of Vulcan fury story?

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Captain_Koloth, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Koloth

Captain_Koloth Commander Red Shirt

’ve lamented many times the death of Secret of Vulcan Fury. However, one thing in particular must have existed at least in some form: its story. The idea of a story by DC Fontana about the Vulcan/Romulan split and bring advertised as including “a web of thousands of interconnected asteroids from Trek literature” is really exciting to me. Does anyone know if any remnants of this story exist anywhere, in an outline, interviews, anything, since the demise of the game itself?

And I mean beyond what’s just available on memory alpha or a. something; I know it involved a Vulcan space station called Fury that someone had to mind meld to control but that’s about it.

2. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

3. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

Miss Fontana has the story and some materials, but all would have to be negotiated out of limbo, since Interplay doesn't exist and she does not have the right to publish anything on her own.

4. Borjis

Borjis Commodore Commodore

"The ‘Vulcan Fury’ was actually one of the moons of Vulcan"

ha ha

Spock to Uhura in an episode: "Vulcan has no moon."

But still, would love to read that Novel if it ever happens.

5. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

With who would she have to negotiate? CBS and Pocket Books? Doesn´t sound too difficult if she really wanted to.

6. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

That is something I'd love to read as well. I remember first seeing the "previews" for this game and being so stoked about. Then when Iheard it was cancelled I saw so bummed. The preview really did look and sound awesome from what I can remember from over a decade ago.

7. Captain_Koloth

Captain_Koloth Commander Red Shirt

8. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Fontana has expressed a desire to novelize the story. Pocket Books simply hasn't been interested.

9. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Captain Captain

Whatever happens I hope they to something with it someday. Secret of Vulcan Fury seems like too good a thing to waste.

10. Navigator_NCC2120

Navigator_NCC2120 Captain Captain

Thanks Captain_Koloth for those Youtube links, I enjoyed watching them.

Does anyone know why Interplay rendered the aft section of the Enterprise's warp engine nacelles with the grill design from the early pilot version of the ship instead of the ballcap design of the series production version of the ship? In the second video link above it has the credits in TOS 3rd season blue, not TOS 1st and 2nd seasons yellow. When Mr. Scott is making his Captain's Log Entry he states it is Stardate 6422.7, so it supposedly takes place sometime past the 3rd season of TOS.

Navigator NCC-2120 USS Entente
    /\

MCKurland likes this.
  11. OpenMaw

OpenMaw Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's possible whoever did the VFX used stock images of the ship in that configuration and didn't realize it was "wrong." It wouldn't be the first time. :)

MCKurland likes this.
  12. Navigator_NCC2120

Navigator_NCC2120 Captain Captain

OpenMaw,

That makes sense.

Thanks,

Navigator NCC-2120 USS Entente
    /\

13. MCKurland

MCKurland Lieutenant Red Shirt

Here's a link to a fan's rendering of what those areas of the ship are supposed to look like at this point.
    https://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/gus/1701-gus-front-back.jpg

14. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

Let’s not dredge up old threads from 7 years ago!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.