MC Chris

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Mr Light, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Are there any other MC Chris fans here?

He sings "nerd-rap" songs about Star Wars and comic books and whatnot in his extremely high voice. They're pretty hilarious and they're good songs too.

He's most famous for the song "Fett's Vette" about Boba Fett. His song "Hoody Ninja" also played over a ubiquitous car commercial a few years back.

He did a song for every single bounty hunter in Empire Strikes Back, and the songs actually explain their backstories from the "Tales of the Bounty Hunters" novels. How cool is that?!?!?!

I discovered this guy three years ago and I absolute love him. His first new album in the three years since I followed him came out this week, and I'm anxiously waiting for it to come in the mail!

His albums also include comedy sketches that form a running storyline of MC Chris being murdered, going to Heaven, to Hell, coming back as a zombie and a ghost... I actually love the sketches as much as the music! I'm more excited to hear the new sketches than I am to hear the new songs because I wanna see how the story ends!

2. CmdrAJD

CmdrAJD Commodore Commodore

I think "Fett's Vette," which I really like, is the only song of his I've heard. I need to check out more of his stuff at some point.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

My favs are MC Chris is Dead, Hoodie Ninja, Onstar, Nerd Girl, 006, Neville (as in Longbottom!), Japanese Maid, Smackababy, Tarantino, Popcorn Frog, Part One (Batman)

the Star Wars songs are Fette's Vette, IG-88's 57 Chevy, Zuckuss' Prius, Dengar's Dumptruck, Bossk on a Segueway

4. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Fett's Vette is probably my favorite, but the Tussin is pretty close to being one of my favorites too.

5. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

THE TUSSIN! THE TUSSIN! RO! BO! TUSSIN!

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Do you guys like the sketches as well?

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Finally got the new album in the mail today! God, that took forever!

I only had time to listen to the skits. They were funny as always. I was assuming this album would kinda wrap up the story, and it did resolve a lot, but then it ended on yet another cliffhanger. grr! still, wait to see where it goes next!

I did hear a song about Kit Fisto. But without the lyrics I have no clue what he was saying he was going waaaaaaaaay too fast!

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

The new album is pretty good. The songs are a lot more tv/movie based this time around which I enjoy. There's five songs for each of the Ghostbusters, Luigi's Mansion, Addams Family, My Little Pony, World of Warcraft, The Shining, Clue, Kit Fisto.... and I haven't even gone through all the songs yet!

9. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I was a fan some time ago. I liked MC Chris is Dead, Popcorn Frog, and of course Fett's Vette.

10. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

I consider myself a fan, but less of his music (I've only heard "Fett's Vette", which I like a lot) and more of him. I 'like' him on Facebook, and with the comments he makes and the causes he supports, he seems like a good guy. :)

At some point I'll get around to listening to more of his stuff, just hasn't happened yet. It might this weekend, though, now that we're on the subject.