Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes, absolutely. They are now communicating with the customers, notifying them of shipping and possible delays. They're also very quick to respond to emails and resolve any issues you may have.

That's a tricky question. The releases are different for different countries (UK started shipping before the US, etc.). In the US, subscribers from the beginning just received (or will soon be receiving) the Nebula and Xindi Insectoid ships. I would imagine that subscribers get preference over individual orders through Eaglemoss.

It's been mentioned before that the Refit Enterprise was kind of their prototype ship, after they received the initial run they were disappointed so they found a new manufacturer, which was used for the subsequent models. The E-A will be a retooled version of the refit and will be made by the regular manufacturer, so the quality should be much better.

2. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Ok. Models that have NEVER been officially produced in any way shape or form before:

Akira Class
    Dauntless
    Krenim Temporal Weapon Ship
    Xindi Insectoid Ship
    ENT Tholian Ship (Attack Wing is coming out with a version in the future)
    Nausicaan Fighter
    Hidecki Class (Attack Wing is coming out with a mini 3 pack in the future)
    ENT Klingon BOP
    ENT Andorian Cruiser
    ENT Romulan Drone (Attack Wing is coming out with one in the future)

As for the 40-50 pack

ECS Fortunate
    Malon Freighter
    ENT Intrepid
    Endgame Armoured Voyager

Those are all the ships that to the best of my knowledge have never been produced anywhere else before (and are being made by Attack wing after).

FYI, the Equinox and Prometheus were made by Futura in Japan previously.

EDIT: It would appear I missed an entire page in my reply. Oh well.

3. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

The big difference with the list above is the phrase 'Officially Produced'- that means holding proper licenses and having corporate approval for a product. Garage kits by definition are not official- they are made in small quantities and with techniques/materials which produce a higher level of detail than mass market official versions. If you visit StarshipModeler.com or FederationModels.com and browse through their online store you will see what I am referring to. They are kits which require assembly and painting, but they make excellent displays.

4. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you have to be a full subscriber for the AGT 1701-D, and I don't think back-orders count.

If you don't want every issue, but do want the AGT 1701-D, I think you'll probably have to go the eBay route.

5. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

Yes, the All Good Things Enterprise-D is a subscriber perk. If you are subscribed, it is completely free with the 12th shipment (It was the 10th shipment, but there were problems). And I'm pretty sure you need to have the subscription run its course up to the 12th shipment. Meaning that you can't cancel beforehand and still get the ship. If you aren't subscribed, your best bet is eBay.

6. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Has the AGT 1701-D come for any US subscribers? I've not got mine and it's well past the 12th issue...

7. Toxteth O´Grady

Not the 12th issue. The 12th shipment, which should've been this month. But Eaglemoss sent out an e-mail earlier this month explaining that it was going to be delayed again. They said that they'd be included in the October shipment.

8. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

If you're tired of waiting, you can pick yourself up a Shadyprise from eBay.

Not being a subscriber, thats what I got for a couple quid more than a regular issue. Compared to the "official" one you get in the subscription I actually prefer it. It's called the Shadyprise because its got darker aztecing all over the ship, along with alternate details in the additions (Namely the megaphaser cannon is filled in in the official one, but open barrelled in this version).

9. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ Is this some kind of Chinese knock-off? It really looks like it belongs to the official collection.

10. Toxteth O´Grady

The listing says that it's from Eaglemoss and that it's the same one that subscribers get. The picture even shows the official Eaglemoss box that the regular ships come in.

Dac, since you aren't a subscriber, how can you compare what you got from eBay with what the subscribers got?

They are selling several of more of the Eaglemoss ships and they look exactly the same as the ships you get from Eaglemoss.

11. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

12. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So I've had my Nebula Class Ship for a few days now. It is the first ship since the TMP Enterprise with any sort of issue for me. The saucer is tilted, the warp nacelles bow inward, and the pod is tilted the opposite direction of the saucer. The weird thing is, my Eaglemoss Nebula is wonky in the same way my Micro Machine Nebula is wonky. It's eerie...

Now, I'm not going to say anything foolish like I'm going to cancel my subscription now or anything, that'd be crazy talk.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  13. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Well, I know because I watch videos by a very nice pair of British folks over at Geekology.

They do a very thorough side by side review with the official one, as well as explaining their reasoned theory that those are from another factory that was originally making the models before they were shut down which is what initially caused the delay between the test issues and the regular run.

14. Toxteth O´Grady

Ah, I see. Is the "Shadyprise" any better than the official one? The official one looks pretty good, at least from the pictures I've seen. I haven't watched the video you've linked to yet.

15. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Well I can only go on their impressions from the video as I only have the Shadyprise. Their summation basically is that the official EM one looks like it does in the show, with the whiter muted hue and bright red bussards. The Shadyprise on the other hand is more akin to the studio model but having more blatant aztecing and darker bussards and stuff. They seem to like the Shadyprise more for its perceived "more" detailing, but also are quick to point out that it has exactly the same detailing as the official one, its just more pronounced.

16. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

Between the two I found the 'Shadyprise' to look not as good - the high contrast aztecing looked like a distracting checkerboard.

17. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Welp, here's my Shadyprise up against the first issue 1701-D just for comparison purposes.

[​IMG]

18. Toxteth O´Grady

Okay, I was afraid that they were two completely different models, but if the Shadyprise is just a little more darker then I'm fine with that.

I finally got the Insectoid ship and Nebula-class ship today. I must say, after hearing people come up disappointed with the Nebula, I was pretty happy with it. All of the parts look pretty centered and the detailing looks amazing, as always.

19. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Wow! The differences are pronounced. Not only is the aztecking more contrasty, but it seems to be sloppily painted and out of alignment. It's especially evident on the windows and the phaser ring looks like it was hand-painted by an epileptic. The one on the left is more in-line with the quality they've shown on pretty much all their other models - subtle details and smooth lines. No wonder why they scrapped this manufacturer (and the EXTREMELY understandable delay) - I would not have wanted that. I wonder if they tried to give the shop that botched the first refit a second chance (at a possible discount) and they screwed it up again.

20. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I'm wondering if the Shadyprises are a batch that failed QC.