Mulgrew To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Mar 24

Takei On StarTalk
By: T'Bonz on Mar 24

Saldana: No Boycott
By: T'Bonz on Mar 23

TV Alert: Chris Pine
By: T'Bonz on Mar 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 8 2015, 05:32 PM   #346
Christopher
Writer

Re: ELEMENTARY - News, Reviews, and Discussion

Honestly, the setup didn't really work for me here. How did everyone jump so quickly from "She had a note signed by him on her body" to "He's the only suspect in her murder?" Sure, the note should've led the cops to Sherlock as a possible witness or source of information, but by itself, it shouldn't give them reason to suspect him of murder, not when they know he's a police consultant. There should've been something more incriminating than just the note in order to justify Holmes being the prime suspect rather than just a person of interest. That was bugging me for most of the episode.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8 2015, 08:02 PM   #347
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

I get where you're coming from, Christopher, and I agree with that in large part. I think Holmes made himself a suspect by his attitude toward the detectives from the other precinct and his insistence that he had no idea who the woman was. If Holmes had said he knew her and had an explanation for how he knew her, they wouldn't have had a reason to consider him a suspect. But his insistence that he didn't know her meant that at that point, as far as they were concerned, they had a blatant liar across the table from them, and based on his reputation they knew he was unlikely to crack. So they had no reason not to treat him as a hostile suspect.

The thing that bugged me about the note is that I'm not sure a paper napkin would have held up like that for three years. Was it hermetically sealed or something? I kept expecting the "Holmes is being framed with planted evidence" shoe to drop throughout the episode.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8 2015, 09:31 PM   #348
Christopher
Writer

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
I get where you're coming from, Christopher, and I agree with that in large part. I think Holmes made himself a suspect by his attitude toward the detectives from the other precinct and his insistence that he had no idea who the woman was. If Holmes had said he knew her and had an explanation for how he knew her, they wouldn't have had a reason to consider him a suspect. But his insistence that he didn't know her meant that at that point, as far as they were concerned, they had a blatant liar across the table from them, and based on his reputation they knew he was unlikely to crack. So they had no reason not to treat him as a hostile suspect.
I dunno, it looked to me like they already considered him to be a suspect. I got the impression that Gregson already knew that when he called Holmes in.

The thing that bugged me about the note is that I'm not sure a paper napkin would have held up like that for three years. Was it hermetically sealed or something? I kept expecting the "Holmes is being framed with planted evidence" shoe to drop throughout the episode.
The murder victim was buried until recently, they said. Maybe she was wrapped in plastic?

Old March 13 2015, 04:10 AM   #349
Christopher
Writer

I broke up when they showed the photo of the "murder suspect" in the climactic scene this week. I'm still laughing. I'd noticed the movie poster on the guy's wall, but I didn't make the connection to the man in the sketch.

I was so busy breaking up, in fact, that I missed the explanation of who had actually strangled the movie buff. He killed the first guy, but who killed him?

Old March 13 2015, 02:45 PM   #350
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Christopher wrote: View Post
I was so busy breaking up, in fact, that I missed the explanation of who had actually strangled the movie buff. He killed the first guy, but who killed him?
One of the two guys at Cryo NYC. They killed him because they were afraid he could turn on them, since they were all in the murder of Jim Sullivan together.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2015, 03:08 PM   #351
Christopher
Writer

Yeah, I figured that had to be it, but I was too busy laughing at Torgo to notice.