Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D to ABC!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Aug 29, 2012.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess it's not a surprise anymore to say that one movie character already does pop up in the pilot.

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  3. Turtletrekker

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'd love to see Iron Man show up for a couple minutes to help finish off a big bad at the end of the episode. You just use the CGI model, and maybe Downey can do a couple lines of voiceover in a sound booth without charging too much.

5. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

6. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I would actually be more interested in the Agent Carter series as I have a fondness for that period of time story wise.

7. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would be also, but more because I have a fondness for Haley Atwell. :drool:

8. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

A relatively pointless article I stumbled upon: We Will Not Be Punctuating "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD"

The article suggests that the periods will be dropped (along with the whole "Marvel's Agents of") when people refer to the show, so it would just be SHIELD. I think the motive for making it "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." remains - simply because The Shield is a famous, popular show. However, I do think it'll be Agents of SHIELD (or perhaps even AoS) in short-hand.

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Gee, I wonder how their print predecessor The Atlantic Monthly dealt with the title The Man from U.N.C.L.E. back in the '60s. I'm still not sure whether that title was meant to be pronounced "The Man from Uncle" or "The Man from You-En-See-Ell-Ee," since they said the name of the organization both ways in the show, and the title animation did show the letters appearing one at a time.

10. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We should drop the hyphen from Spider-Man's name too. The effort of reaching all the way to the top of the keyboard in order to write the name correctly is overwhelming.

11. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I usually do write Spiderman. That's probably because of Batman and Superman. However, you are right that it's Spider-man (maybe I should get into that habit).

12. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Somebody needs to tell these geniuses about copy and paste....

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

If so,then remember it's Spider-Man, with a capital M. He's sensitive about that.

14. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmmm...just that one clip from Agent Carter looks entertaining. Almost as if she's drawing the fight out for her own entertainment.

15. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

Do Marvel Studios have the rights to Namor? I'd like to see an Agent Cater movie. With Billy Zane as Namor.

16. Turtletrekker

^Nope. Universal has Namor.

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd still like to know just when Universal loses Namor.
    Is there any way to know when they first acquired the rights, has that been published?
    My google-fu chi is not revealing an answer. Seems like if we knew that we might could hazard an educated guess on when they revert back...yes?

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

It looks like the general rule about the Marvel rights reverting is that the most popular heroes like Spider-Man have a short time before rights revert, while less known characters like Daredevil and Namor have rights that last a very long time. Makes some sense, popular heroes are worth more, so rights don't last as long before reverting.

19. Turtletrekker

20. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Their Magneto?
    Graviton when used to his maximum has the raw powerset to be a villain of seriousness with which to be reckoned.

Plus levitation is fairly "cheap" f/x at this point by now I'd think.