The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by backstept, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'm in no rush to get this. I've only had Skyrim a few weeks and have a *long* way to go before I'll be looking for new content. I'm already a werewolf so becoming a vampire isn't much of a selling point and the price is rather steep.

...crossbows might be nice though.

2. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I guess the good thing is that they could be squashing any performance issues with Skyrim on the PS3 overall.

3. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

I just did the side quest "The Mind of Madness", where
    you go into Pelagius's mind.

Holy crap. I never would have thought they'd something so freaking bizarre into the game. :lol: I loved Sheogorath's dialogue, but just about everything else about the quest was "meh".

I haven't got a chance to use the
    Wabberjack
    yet. Should be interesting.

4. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^I literally *just* did that same quest this afternoon. Creepy. I did try out the...uh..."item" and, well, randomness ensued.

5. Owain Taggart

Yeah, it's a rather interesting quest, to say the least. I was rather confused what I had to do at first as it wasn't immediately apparent.

6. Chris3123

Same here. A went to all three places and couldn't figure out how to complete each area. After quitting and coming back the next day, a caved and looked it up.

7. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

It's that difficult to get the quest going? Sheesh! I hate it when that happens. I've noticed that same kind of thing in earlier quests from the base game. A couple of missions in the Dragon Age and Fable series had that problem as well. I get the impression they weren't all thoroughly play-tested.

8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^I didn't think so. I just shot at random crap until it said "quest completed". :shrug:

9. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

what I like about that quest is that it heavily
    that Sheogorath is the Player Character from Oblivion

10. Owain Taggart

Well, it's not too difficult if you do that, no. But I'm talking in terms of clues of what needs to be done in order to proceed to the next step. It's quite obscure to the point that you do need to keep shooting at random crap in hoping that you'll hit on the right thing. Seems like total crapshoot to me.

11. 137th Gebirg

Ugh...I hate missions like that.

Still need to finish Game of Thrones first before I get back to Skyrim, though. Maybe in a couple months...

12. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Started playing through Dawnguard and have sided with the Dawnguard.

Enjoying having a companion who has a history and you can talk about stuff with as I usually just bum around with my housecarls. Also enjoying my newest friend, Trolly, the friendly Armoured Frost Troll.

13. Chris3123

14. 137th Gebirg

^^^ :lol: and drank 10 ales in 2 seconds to boost his stamina.

15. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

16. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Cheese wheel? Pfft. That Dragonborn is clearly an amateur. It's all about the rabbit haunches and salmon steaks! :p

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  17. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

What about the Dragonborn's ability to carry incredible amounts of weapons, equipment, food, books and other junk, with the only detrimental effect being that they cannot run?

Now that's a story, particularly the bit where the Dragonborn strips everything they are carrying from their person simultaneously and turns the local market into a landfill site.

18. Talon Lardner

Talon Lardner Ensign Newbie

Been slowly getting back into Skyrim lately. For some reason, I rather enjoy the lower level play, where things are more dangerous. Though I must admit too, I play with a fair few mods as well.

Currently trying out an Argonian Knight character, focused on heavy armor, sword, shield, and restoration, though I tend to do a little of everything with her. Thinking of making a semi-evil runthrough with a khajiit too.