The Following Kevin Bacon Kevin Williamson S1 Discussion SPOILERS

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Locutus of Bored, Jan 22, 2013.

1. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

This isn't exactly my favorite show, but I think it's ok. (Though I would rather watch "Criminal Minds" instead).

At this point, the only reason I'm watching "The Following" is that it's on just right before "Hawaii Five-0" on Mondays. I'm usually not doing much else on a Monday evening.

This arrangement is sorta similar to when "Simon & Simon" was on immediately after "Magnum PI" back in the mid 1980's. If "Simon & Simon" was on a different evening and/or time, I probably wouldn't have watched "Simon & Simon" at all in the first place.

If either "The Following" or "Hawaii Five-0" were on different evenings and/or times, then I probably wouldn't be watching "The Following" at all.

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

This show reminds me of 24 with serial killers instead of terrorists, but I don't mean that as a compliment. I guess I'm entertained, but the good guys are really stupid and the bad guys are able to do way too much.

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^My thoughts exactly. The sheer number, power and reach of the cult borders on the absurd. The FBI and local police cannot be outwitted/overpowered every singe time; it's starting to just get boring. We know that whatever the good guys do, the baddies will have some ridiculous way to outsmart them.

The good guys need to actually score some points here, and pretty soon, or I'm going to bail. Hubby is still digging it, but me? It's trying my patience.

4. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I feel the same way. It's the exact opposite of the problem that most shows or movies like this have, where the good guys always win and outsmart the bad guys, even in ridiculous ways. In this case the pendulum has swung way too far in the other direction. It's really getting annoying.