Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It appears that some sort of currency and trading system is being introduced. It has been a long time coming, but the Testificates will finally have a purpose. :D

2. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Neat! I wonder if they've learned much from the various economy systems developed by the Bukkit community while working on this.

3. TheGodBen

Judging by the way Mojang have implemented mods in the past, I imagine this will be bare-bones compared to the various currency mods that exist right now. It will be interesting to see how they'll adapt to work with the new "official" currency in the game, and whether trading between players in regular SMP will come to rely on this currency rather than barter/gold and diamonds.

4. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GqkHwYWEaY[/yt]

5. Robert Maxwell

Last night, we built a pit out in the desert, lined it with TNT, then filled it with a couple hundred slimes. It lagged the server so much we all got booted off, and when we came back all the slimes had despawned. :(

Enraged, I saw Kestra walking along the top of the TNT, so I /exploded her and set off all of it. Made an enormous crater. :lol:

[​IMG]

6. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Wow, lot of cool new stuff in the new snapshot in addition to trading. Boobytrapped lootable pyramids and desert villages, Golden Apples now use gold blocks but are way more useful, dispensers can now actually dispense water and lava source blocks, and lots more. But most interesting to me are the new Enderchests. Imagine taking one of these chests down to a cave, you can store all your best loot inside and never worry about losing any of it to swimming in lava again.

Example vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...d=MaLa8xWfxaQ&annotation_id=annotation_852600

7. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Haha, loved hearing what happened, Robert. You should see what we did with the TNT you gave us. Xan built a little house on Kes' island and filled the basement with TNT, and the aftermath is north of her village. Huge hole that goes right down to the bottom. It's incredible.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  8. TheGodBen

I'm hoping that the new pyramid temple thing will bring with it a new mob: Mummies. They could come from spawners that generate with the temple, much like blazes only spawn from spawners in nether fortresses. Also, loot chests need to have more valuable items than just iron, gold and whatnot, they should have a chance of containing enchanted items and potions.

Ack, that reminds me of the week or so I spent playing on a public server back in alpha. :scream: Every day I'd log in to find my house griefed in an inventive new way.

9. Owain Taggart

Wait what, pyramids? Hope that doesn't make my pyramid that I made on the server obsolete. Ohhhh, Ender Chests could be really handy. Sort of like a mail system! Post Office, here we come!

10. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

This is the funniest thing I've seen on the interwebs in months.

11. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I posted some images on the server forum. I also posted a topic about a giant sheep pen we made. It's all coloured wool and open to everyone. Warp is listed on the other forum as well. Just don't kill the sheep!

We ended up making the outer wall because skellies were showing up and killing off our sheep.

Also I wish I didn't care about people on the server because I totally am a griefer at heart.

12. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ahhh! The admins a griefer! :eek:

Aww don't worry Ben. I'm sure we could use a Sphinx to go with the pyramid.

Oh dear, guess I bette rnot post any of those 'Top Ten ways to grief your friends' videos while Kes is around. :)

13. Robert Maxwell

I was trying to think of what we could use Ender Chests for on the server, given that there is only one Ender Chest for the entire server (not one per player, as would be ideal.)

Post office is a neat idea. Would also be cool to have one as, say, a portable Public Works. People would donate stuff into it, and you can use whatever you need--just be nice and try to put stuff back later.

Although it's likely the mod community will come up with some variations on this for servers. I'll have to keep an eye out!

14. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you try the snapshot, be sure to back up all your worlds. Seems its corrupting a lot of peoples maps.

Yeah, the Enderchest's will probably be more useful in solo games. But aside from mini PW setups, it'll make doing trades between players a lot easier. Just both of you stand next to a chest and pop your trade items in.

Oh liquid dispensers. Can finally make me some traps. :)

Also apparently Emeralds are found inside the larger mountains.

Here's a video of all the new features. Looks like you're safe Owain. Its only small pyramid/temples. Be careful of this part of the vid though, as it spoils a temple surprise. :)

The trading system looks like fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phMf_nTbNDQ

Oh, theres a 'b' version of the update now. It changes the menu system in Creative mode, and Emerald ore is now green.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  15. Robert Maxwell

I'm glad that villagers will finally have a reason to exist, other than being fodder for zombie attacks. :lol:

16. TheGodBen

If you haven't seen it already, check out their let's play of the game. Most of them haven't played the game before and they're completely unprepared for what it throws at them. The ending is the best part.

[yt]v=FrLgREKD4kk[/yt]

Also, zombie flesh can now be traded for something useful, which means my zombie xp farm will be profitable! :D Now if only the Testificates would buy dirt, I've got chests of that stuff just sitting around.

17. Owain Taggart

It amuses me to think the skellies were killing off your sheep! The nerve of them! I guess they were simply jealous.

And you, a griefer? Never would have thought :)

18. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Hey guys, I just bought the game legitimately after playing it cracked for ages and am itching to try some multiplayer stuff - have we got a TBBS server?

19. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

It's not strictly a TBBS server, but it's a great small server that a lot of us play on. PM RobertMaxwell for details if you're interested, because he runs it.

20. Robert Maxwell

Yeah, just shoot me a PM with your username, Dac, and I will add you and send you the appropriate info. :)