ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Kalen Archer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome to the forum, Willow. I love Enterprise too!

2. IrishNero

IrishNero Commodore

Me too. I know it's not a popular thing to say, but Enterprise was just as entertaining to me as a series as all of the others.

3. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Popular, schmopular. We love this show! Always glad to have more fans join our happy little forum. :biggrin:

4. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Schmopular.

I love you, Hopey.

5. K'Toska

K'Toska Commander Red Shirt

Kelsey here. Twenty-four year old fan of the show currently residing in small town Oklahoma, USA. I've become rather obsessed with all things Trek in the past few months, which is why I'm glad to have found this place. My husband actually introduced me to the show, although now I'm sure he slightly regrets it since I talk his ear off about it on a constant basis.

I've been watching Enterprise lately, and I've found it gets way more criticism than is justified. Sure, the show has its problems, but I feel like the fourth season really redeemed it. Star Trek has actually helped me solidify what I want my career to be. I'm currently finishing up an associates degree in chemistry, but I don't really want to end up being a chemist at some large corporation. After doing some more research, I came upon the field of astrochemistry, combining my love of both astronomy and chemistry!

6. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome to Enterprise, JadziaDax! :)

7. K'Toska

Glad to be here. :D

8. Willow

Willow Captain Captain

Welcome, JadziaDax! You have some very ambitious career goals. Very cool! Good luck!:techman:

9. K'Toska

Thanks Willow! I do indeed, and it will take quite a bit of hard work to get there. Oddly enough, science is a subject that doesn't exactly come naturally to me. I have to really apply myself to get anywhere with it as my strengths are languages and mathematics. This just makes it all the more satisfying though! Who knows - if I end up failing there, I could always try the Hoshi route. :P

10. Willow

Willow Captain Captain

How ironic that you mention Hoshi, as I sit here at 4 am here, with my disabled 10 year old - feeding him a snack. One of his neurological issues is "speech apraxia". - when he speaks, he is mostly not understandable. But, he has a certain rhythm and pattern that makes it clear to me that he is speaking his own "language". I'm always telling people "I need a Hoshi in my life!" a linguist to analyze son's speech patterns and document the language for me!

11. jespah

hai jadziadax! :)

12. K'Toska

I bet he's got grammar rules of his own! Probably thinking, "when will these people get with the program and use my more efficient method of language?" hehe. I'm pretty good with the romance languages but I've always envied linguists of Hoshi's type - just being able to pick up on something by sound (I actually know a few). I mean there are languages out there where people communicate simply by clicking their tongues. I can't even imagine trying to learn that - it is so completely different from what I know.

And hello jespah. :)

13. jespah

I do believe clicking is supposed to be one of our earlier human forms of communication. So we would undoubtedly encounter species that spoke/speak that way. I write Ikaarans as having a click language for that very reason.

14. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hello Jadzia Dax it's nice to have fans joins us here.There are a lot of Great Enterprise episodes to watch and discuss here.:)

15. K'Toska

jespah, it makes sense. A lot of children can make sounds like that before they learn how to talk. I think I'm too far from it now to pick up on that kind of thing or maybe I'm just saying that because it'd require way more work than I'm willing to do. The other thing is I'm not very good at differentiating sounds in general!

Hello Reanok. If you'd told me I'd be an Enterprise fan when I first started the series, I wouldn't believe you. Now I absolutely love it and think it gets too much crap.

16. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Helo Jadzia I love Enterprise and think it gets a lot of flak . But I've always been a fan of this show when it originally aired on tv.:)

17. K'Toska

Yeah I heard so much about how awful it was so I was expecting to hate it. There were a few things I disliked but that's how I feel about Voyager too. Now I'm upset that I've finished it. The only Star Trek series left for me to watch is the The Animated Series and I'm a bit meh about it.

18. Disco

Disco Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The animated series is good fun. Different tone to TOS but easy watching.

19. Cronus

Cronus Ensign Newbie

Hey all... new to the forums. I enjoy TNG, ENT, DS9, VOY and most of the movies. I just started rewatching ENT a couple days ago with the Wifey, who I introduced to Star Trek in general. Now its one of her favorite things ever! (she prefers VOY) :)

20. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Welcome aboard Cronus!!

Please keep you arms inside the shuttle at all times!

:D