Strangest Rejections....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Tribble puncher, Dec 25, 2013.

1. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

The asking out of randoms... unusual to want to ask for, or give explanations in that context. I was speaking from a point of significant time spent... for example, let's say it's been a long relationship, and one party leaves, because they've found someone else... and the one left behind, never knows whether they had done something wrong, or unknowingly mistreated their significant other in some way... and this person may suffer years wondering or kicking themselves, because they genuinely loved that person... and all the while, perhaps it wasn't their fault at all! I think it's a cruel cowardly way out not to answer if directly and politely asked.

Still, explanations are optional, not obligatory, even then... I do think if there's been time involved, some shedding of light on the situation might be kind, as long as it's not going to unduly hurt anyone, or put someone in harms way or cause excessive scenes of some kind, any more than necessary... I would prefer to know the truth, personally. I suppose some personalities may prefer not to know, ignorance being bliss and all that... different strokes for different folks.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Time involved, yes. A request for a date, no.

3. Captain_Nick

Captain_Nick Vice Admiral Admiral

DonIago, I have some honest feedback for you.

You think too much. Stop it.

What's that saying? Don't think; do.

4. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

If it's a choice I'd rather think too much than not think enough. :)

5. Captain_Nick

Captain_Nick Vice Admiral Admiral

That's a false dichotomy. The correct answer is to think just enough.

The hard part is knowing how much is enough, of course. Fortunately there are plenty of good people here who are pointing you in the right direction.

(by the way, what's the point in asking for feedback if you're just going to reject it?)

6. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I would have hoped the emoticon made it clear I wasn't being particularly serious...