THE WOLVERINE - Reviews and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 22, 2013.

?

Rate The Wolverine

1. Excellent

20.5%
  2. Above Average

44.6%
  3. Average

30.1%
  4. Below Average

3.6%
  5. Poor

1.2%
  1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

He couldn't get everything, just bits. The most he could do was lead Logan to Alkali lake leading to the events of X2 where Logan didn't seem to have much more than a faint recollection of Stryker or the room where the adamantium was pumped into his flesh and somehow formed a skeletal structure and sharp knife-like claws. ;)

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I don't have a problem with the idea that fragments of Logan's life could gradually come back to him over the years. I would have thought that episodes closer to his shooting with the bullet would be harder to recover - older and more ingrained ones might be harder to erase.

3. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

That's what he helped dredge up the first time. Who knows how much further he dug between X2 and X3?

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Yeah. I mean, we're dealing with the idea of amnesia being caused by a bullet made of a fictional metal being shot at a skull encased by fictional metal. Not a lot of point getting too hung up about the realism of memories resurfacing.

5. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't remember, however in general there are millions of mutants of varying power levels running around in the X-Man universe. I assumed the Yakuza on the train who were able to hang with The Wolverine in battle must have been mutants too. I will fanwank that he was a mutant. He didn't know it because most of us live our lives without accidentally poisoning ourselves thus his mutant factor protected him from Viper.

6. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well saw it yesterday and it was a 7 out of 10 for me.

As for the end was somewhat suprised to see Magneto, less surprised by Prof X. After all what is a Smurai without a master and a purpose. And in some respects the master role would fit Prof. X as he gave Logan a purpose.

7. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

The Wolverine has crossed the $300m Worldwide figure with this weekends US domestic totals. Should go up again with Int'l numbers roll in mid week.

*INSERT GRAIN OF SALT HERE*

Information or Entertainment...source Comic Book News via National Enquirer.
    For the sake of it being 1/2 way legit what would 4 more films look like?

4 Picture Deal for more Jackman as Wolverine:
    1- third solo Wolverine, third appearance in FC prequel trilogy, X-Men 4, get X-Force off the ground.
    2-third Wolverine, 3 X-Force films
    3-third Wolverine, X-Men 4-6?

8. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Of maybe more concern on what kind of X/Wolverine there may be is health. Can Jackman's body take the kind of punishment body builders do in order to keep The Wolverine's appearance since he ages very slowly

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Hugh Jackman offered $100 million to play Wolverine 4 more times?

I say good for Hugh Jackman if he decides to do it. I don't have a problem with any actor reprising a role as long as he is doing a great job. I feel the same way about RDJ reprising his role for Avengers 2 and 3, though Stark has his Iron Man suits so it won't be as physically demanding for RDJ.

10. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

Jackman loves the role the way Depp loves Jack Sparrow.... I cant see him turning it down, tho he may take it one at a time.

11. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I think that's probably the big reason why he might say no...unless he already has enough money not to care about the cash.

I could see a decent solution being time-travel, though. We could have an old Wolverine from the future. That won't completely take care of the need for physical fitness, but it could explain away a bit of the aging.

12. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just saw this, enjoyed it very much. Fantastic cast, some real stand outs. Loved the setting and the slower pace of much of it, great build up.

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Backing the convo up a bit. I got the trade of "Old Man Logan" and gave it a read. That... that was interesting. :wtf:

14. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Yeah. "Insane" is certainly the word.

"Logan needs money to pay rent to the landlords of this territory: the hillbilly grandchildren of the Hulk, who are products of years of incestuous procreation originating with Banner and his first cousin She-Hulk."

OR

"...a Venom symbiote-infused dinosaur..."

OR

"In his Hulk form, Banner defeats and consumes Logan, but Logan recuperates within Banner's stomach and bursts from within him, killing him."

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Apart from the insanity of the storyline and the assorted licensing issues, I don't think you could make a movie about that without completely breaking the movie continuity of the X-Men universe.

Because Scott Summers is still alive somewhere!!!!!!

Agreed. Japan looked gorgeous!

Doh! :eek:I can't believe I didn't think of that on my own!

Although, it was also implied during one of the scenes between Xavier & Magneto in X2 that Xavier knew significantly more about Logan's past than he was letting on and was deliberately hiding it from Logan because he's a manipulative bastard that way.

15. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

^Or maybe Xavier doesn't tell him because it would be a violation of the Prime Directive. And Wolverine doesn't ask, because that would just result in a speech....

16. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

The story of Old Man Logan kinda reminds me of this:

http://xkcd.com/254/

Only thousand times crazier.

17. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

The Prime Directive extends to Patrick Stewart roles outside the ST universe?

18. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

***SWOOSH!***

19. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

"In his Hulk form, Banner defeats and consumes Logan, but Logan recuperates within Banner's stomach and bursts from within him, killing him."

That's how Avengers 3 should end.

20. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Over the weekend the domestic update takes The Wolverine to $125m and $350m worldwide.
    It'll finish domestically around $135m most likely. Labor Day weekend being it's last big hurrah before going to the discount $1 theaters. I'm not sure if it's opened in all overseas markets or not or how much longer it may play globally. Be nice to see a $400m worldwide figure though.