Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

The raised textured S is my only complaint about the suit.

2. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, aside from the aforementioned Thor comparison, it also kinda reminds me of the Spawn cape, as far as the size of it goes at least.

That's pretty much my take on it too. Stills can only convey so much.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah I agree with davejames, he doesn't look like a douche (that's Smallville Clark ;) ) he is posed pretty much like a Jim Lee drawing. I'm kind of surprised they didn't add the glowing red heat vision eyes.

4. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

At least he doesn't look like a skinny dude who worked out a few months in the gym. That's partly what killed Routh Supes for me. He had the wrong frame. Call me picky if you will. Ironically enough, I saw a pic of Routh after the movie was done and he actually looked better for the role. Maybe he spent a few more months at the gym for the doomed sequel.

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I think Tom could have pulled it off on the show and look halfway like Superman...but the writing really failed them and well...you know. ;)

6. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

You've been around more than long enough to know not to do this, so you've got an infraction for flaming. Don't do this.

7. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'll admit...I don't think I've ever read a Superman comic. I'm a TV show, radio show, cartoon, Donnerverse, Christopher Reeve IS Superman kind of guy. So I get it if this is in some way a classic comic interpretation of Supes.

Just, to me, compared to Reeve, this guy looks like he's gonna' go beat up a nerd and steal his girlfriend, then try to calm his roid rage with a drinking bender...and perhaps a bank robbery.

8. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

hence SuperGuido. Haha still funny.

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^ In case anyone is wondering what ObiWanShinobi is talking about...

I think people went too far with the Jersey Shore references and saying Snooki should be Lois. :shrug:

10. Admiral_Young

Those sites comment board never ceases to amaze me with what they say. It seems to be no different on other sites like IMDB, etc.

11. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

:lol: Oh, jeez...I actually think that's kinda' funny.

12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am sure the parody will be hitting a YT near you soon. :lol:

13. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

The first twelve people anywhere who Photoshop Tom Welling's head onto this picture should be barred from posting on the Internet for the rest of their natural lives.

14. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

15. Admiral_Young

That's horribly done.

16. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked what they've done from the look of the first picture. I remember shaking my head in disappointment when I first saw Reynolds as GL, but Cavill as Supes looks badass. Not quite sure how I feel about the hair. I'm not too put out that the curl seems to be gone, perhaps it should've been removed a long time ago. I don't know anyone rocking a single hanging lock like that anyway these days.

17. Admiral Buzzkill

Superherohype forums are populated by folks who can't make the I.Q. cutoff for the AICN Talkbacks.

18. Chess Piece Face

Chess Piece Face Commodore Commodore

I'll reserve judgement for now but my first impression is that I am really glad he looks like a super MAN. Sorry Routh.

19. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

While there are things to nitpick about (the fish scales, the funny S), there's nothing here to warrant an outright complaint, so far anyway. Unlike the last go-round when I was puking on first sight.

In other words, so far, so good.

20. Admiral Buzzkill

One popular reviewer in 1978 described Reeve as "Superboy with an overbite."