Quantum Mechanix nuUSS Enterprise model

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by imranbecks, May 20, 2013.

1. imranbecks

imranbecks Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Did anyone here manage to get that model of the USS Enterprise from Quantum Mechanix? Such a beautiful model that looks almost as good as the one in the movies, limited edition to 250 I believe. And was very very expensive....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

It is a beautiful model but it looks...I dunno...too blue. The TOS Enterprise felt like it had a more varied pallet of colors on it, particularly with the red bussards. The refit was a little more blue, but it had some greens on the hull and an amber deflector (early on). The blue lights on this one seem very overpowering. Even the lights that are supposed to be a cool white look a little on the blue side of the spectrum.

3. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

During the intro beauty shot of the ship prior to warp/the title card, the bussards were glowing bright blue, similar to the above model. Thing is I'm pretty sure that's the only time in two films they've glowed like that?

4. imranbecks

These are after all replicas, so can't be 100% perfect. However, they do look really good. But sadly, they are just too expensive due to the limited numbers being made and the large scale of it. I'll be glad if they can do smaller scale replicas like this that lights up just like what Aoshima did of the Enterprise-D in 1/2000 scale, which at least did not cost 5k but still looks just as good..haha..

The QMx models of the Kelvin and the Ent-D looks just as beautiful as well....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is my 1/2000 Aoshima Enterprise-D I was talking about earlier... It wasn't as expensive as those replicas from QMx, but it still looks good and looks freakin' geeky cool on display!

[​IMG]

Now if only QMx can do something similar with their Star Trek license and make the models affordable...hmmm

5. Lynn Minmay

Lynn Minmay Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is there a budget one I can get that'll look good next to Diamond Select's Enteprise's?

6. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would *love* one - but unfortunately, I didn't win the Powerball this weekend! Lol.

You know, looking at the Kelvin model...makes me wonder where they fit all those huge sections in Engineering that we saw...???

Not to mention 800 people...

7. imranbecks

800 people is probably possible. Engineering should be at the top where the shuttlebay is...

8. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know, that nacelle is so HUGE on the Kelvin, when I first saw it, I wondered if it was like the inside of the nacelle we saw in TAS, and it was supposed to contain at least part of the engine/reactor as well!

But apparently it's supposed to have two sets of warp coils, to make up for the the lack of two nacelles (which means that most fan attempts at making an TOS, TMP or nuEnterprise version of the Kelvin should have a much larger warp nacelle...)

But I wonder if it may also contain some of the warp engine, besides just the warp coils...?

Well, and it also contains that...thruster-looking thingy that activated when Kirk went to ram the Naruda. (The SFX people seem to think those work like the impulse engines or something...which makes me wonder what the need for an impulse engine too...??)