MLB Offseason 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Mr. Laser Beam, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Does anyone have MLB Online Premium? Does it stream well in HD? The last few years I bought the Sportspac from our cableco but this year I am thinking of getting my fix from MLB. The idea of watching games on the phone when we are out and about or being able to stream it to the big screen is very appealing.

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I have had MLB.TV for a few years now and its quality has always been fine.

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

I've really miss the nightly coverage of the Braves on TBS. I end up shelling out over 100 bucks for MLB extra innings but I feel I get my money's worth as I watch just about every game. The only thing I don't like is that it gets blacked out every time Atlanta plays the Nationals which forces me to endure MASN (AKA Homer Central). I seriously can't stand F.P. Santangelo on the color commentary. I live in Virginia so this obviously won't be a problem for everybody.

4. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Thanks all. I think I'll spring for the MLB coverage. All the Jays games are blacked out all across Canada, but that is of no matter. We have Rogers Sports Net (all 4 channels), and since Rogers owns the Jays all the games are covered on TV anyway. This'll allow us to watch every other game that is out there. Thanks again.

5. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Oh, holy mother of fuck.

Hit a dinger off Verlander, he'll fastball you in the dick.

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

7. Mr. Laser Beam

At least Bob Gibson aimed at your *other* head...

8. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

If you havent seen it, here is a photo essay of the event.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Timby

As I said: Hit a dinger off Verlander, he will fastball you in the dick.

Ouch.

10. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Eye for an eye, dinger for a ding-dong.

I'm surprised we didn't see 3 balls hitting the ground afterwards.

11. Use of Time

It looked the ball entered his body in the second pick. Good God that must have felt like shit. No way I don't puke all over home plate if that happens to me.

12. Mr. Laser Beam

13. Use of Time

Not a vendetta. Science tells us that the mishandling in no way would affect the high concentrate of PED's found in the urine. Everybody knows that Braun got off on a technicality. Instead of dealing with it, Braun effectively shit all over some middle class lab technician and tried to make him look like the bad guy. PED's don't really bother me that much in general but it seems like Braun should have just known he got lucky on this one and kept his mouth shut.

14. Use of Time

Not a vendetta. Science tells us that the mishandling in no way would affect the high concentrate of PED's found in the urine. Everybody knows that Braun got off on a technicality. Instead of dealing with it, Braun effectively shit all over some middle class lab technician and tried to make him look like the bad guy. PED's don't really bother me that much in general but it seems like Braun should have just known he got lucky and kept his mouth shut.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Yankees signed Vernon Wells. Thoughts on this?

16. Use of Time

Its a typical Yankee move to say the least. That team just has to get in the mindset that they are an old team that needs to get younger. Vernon Wells is certainly a decent player but his best years are well beyond him.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

With all the injuries, I say let them get whoever they can. I wish they'd made a play for Carlos Lee, but there we are. :shrug:

And on the Mets side, unfortunately Matt den Dekker got hurt. :( I thought he'd be up in the majors at least by the All-Star break. Perhaps he still can be...

18. Use of Time

That is true. The Yankees are going to be in stop gap mode this year. The good news is that they have the ability to swing deals at the trade deadline that other teams can't. You just never know what the Yankees will do. Nothing surprises me anymore.

19. Timby

Not really. The business guys like Levine and Trost, not Cashman, have Hal Steinbrenner's ear, which is how the whole "OH SHIT WE HAVE TO GET UNDER $189 MILLION" scramble began in the first place, despite those same business guys being the dopes who worked out ludicrous deals like the A-Rod extension. So their financial flexibility isn't there, and the farm system is at least a year or two away from providing quality talent. The Yankees have some severe issues right now; it's a really bad situation for any GM to be dealing with (has been since George Steinbrenner got ill, really), and that Cashman's even still there at this point is rather surprising.

The best part: Vernon Wells was the oldest position player on the Angels. He'll be the sixth-oldest position player on the Yankees.

20. Use of Time

Fair enough but do you expect them to become sellers mid-season if things go south quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.