Official TrekBBS Fantasy Football League!

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Scout101, Jun 11, 2008.

1. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, would you look at that! Spocker pulled it off! He lost by .8 points to give me a playoff spot! Thanks!

2. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Only 6 playoff spots? Weren't there 8 last year or am I smoking crack?

3. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, that's another year of suckage in FF. Maybe next year. Looking forward to Fantasy Baseball coming up. :techman:

4. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

That was a close one. Now you and I face off in the first round of playoffs. Quite a few of your players have favorable matchups this week. I think I would have been much better off if Spocker would have won. But good luck, and may the best team win and go on to take the title!

5. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

This year I'll enter the playoffs without being in a free fall, which will be nice (last year, I lost the last 5 games, iirc, but was undefeated before that. I lost in the first round of the playoffs as my team's total collapse became clear).

6. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet Admiral Admiral

Yes, you're smokin' crack on tax payers money.

Son, you're decommissioned.

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

1st in the yahoo league, 2nd in the ESPN league. You kids enjoy your matchups this week, and I guess I'll start playing again next week. I'm going to set my teams anyway, though, so you guys can see the beating you would have taken if you had been forced to play me this week :p

8. Pegaritaville

The Fantasy Football Gods are making things tough for me this year.

In the ESPN league, I'm stuck with the #4 seed despite being tied with Scout for second in the standings at 9-4. Sucks being in the Lombardi division.

In Yahoo, I finished with the most points, but my team underperformed on that final week and it cost me dearly. With a lot of my players facing tough defenses this week, it doesn't look good.

In one of my money leagues, I'm stuck in 7th despite scoring more points than any other team. We still have one more week before playoffs, but only the top 4 move on, so I'm pretty much out of that one.

In my other money league, I screwed up too many times: I'm one of the bottom feeders playing in the Toilet Bowl.

9. archeryguy1701

I'm actually pretty shocked to not be one of the eliminated teams. This was the first time I've played fantasy football, and I screwed up my first 2-3 weeks from not knowing how things worked, and since then I've just been trying to figure everything out. Definately been fun.

10. Pegaritaville

A heck of an impressive showing by an "expansion" team. Now that you've learned the ropes, you've become a force to be reckoned with. You might have to think about getting into the fantasy baseball league as well.

11. Pegaritaville

Not a good day team-wise, and not a good day fantasy team-wise.

I lost the Toilet Bowl in one of my money leagues. If there were actually some advantage to that, I'd say I'm like the Detroit Lions of the league. But at least the Lions get some perks for sucking that bad.

I won in my other money league, but it wasn't enough to get me in the playoffs (we don't start playoffs until next week in this leauge).

I need some Monday night help in the AFC Yahoo league. I'm down by 4.84 points to "The Freak Parade" (archerguy1701), and all I have left is my my DL Jon Beason. I don't even know who that is: I just picked him up when I found out my other DL was out for the week. Bottom line: I either need this Beason dude to do well or I have to hope there's a lot of stat adjustments going my way.

Looks like I won in the keeper league, though. I hope coaster's players are facing some tough Ds next week.

12. archeryguy1701

^I won't be able to see the scores until they post them for us non-paying players, but are the scores as high for us as the projections were showing (136-135)? I would feel more comfortable if I had picked the right kicker to start and if Hillis didn't get hurt in the first half. And, for better or for worse, that DL of your could go either way for you... It seems like Defensive players are always inconsistant enough that you can neither count on them to win a game or count them out. I guess we will see tomorrow- good luck!

13. DarkHelmet

As of this morning, the news is worse. You're down 135.89 to 127.05.

14. Pegaritaville

Yeah, there were some scoring changes and it didn't go my way. Now I either need almost 9 points from my defensive player or an awful lot of stat corrections to go my way. I don't think that's going to happen. Looks like I should gear up for the battle for the bronze.

15. DarkHelmet

Hate to be a downer (again), but wouldn't it be the battle for 5th place?

16. Pegaritaville

Yep. I was in a hurry to hit the slopes and didn't realized that until halfway up my first chairlift ride. Thanks for the correction (agaqin)!

Congrats to The Freak Parade- well done!

Okay, lets bring on the fantasy baseball!!

17. archeryguy1701

^And nice job to you as well! Those were definately good scores on both sides, but I think you just had the misfortune to catch me when when I had several players come to life that normally don't (including a couple of defenders in particular!)

18. sportzkid

sportzkid Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My espn win was closer than I would have liked, but it is still a win. Crazy that DeAngelo Williams went off for 30 points on monday night. Now will be an interesting match up with Scout this next week.

19. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

In my league, I've had Brian Westbrook and DeAngelo Williams get 30 points each for 2 weeks in a row

20. DarkHelmet

Well, well, Scout... we meet again. Ours is a true rivalry for the ages. Garak likes to think he's my rival, but he would actually have to beat me once, let alone make it to the playoffs.

He would reply, but he's currently flying a cargo plan full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong.

In even better news, in my money league this week I am playing my brother for all the marbles. $600 goes to first place. Not too shabby.