Official TrekBBS Fantasy Football League!

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Scout101, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Hey all,

It's early yet, but Yahoo has opened up its registration for Fantasy Football, so I've gone ahead and renewed our league. The AFC League has the following info:

League ID: 23254
    Password: trek

Draft time is set to August 21st, 8pm EST for the time being, and I copied the settings from last year to start us off. Managers from last year should receive an email notification to sign up, but anyone else, feel free to jump in. I'd imagine that Sportzkid will be by shortly to restart the NFC division as well...

-Scout

2. TheLonelySquire

TheLonelySquire Vice Admiral

Should be fun.

3. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

You made quite the post about how you didn't want me to participate in your Football league, TLS. To be blunt, why would you want to participate in mine (given my apparent lack of knowledge of the sport, inability to take it seriously, etc)?

First dibs go to the managers from last year, anyway (who should have all received an email invitiation this morning).

And this league has a record going back to 2003 (for at least a few of the usual suspects), and it's always a good time. Except for the time I fucked up and forgot an obvious stat, but I got it fixed before the draft, so it's all good.

Edit: nevermind, my fuckup was in baseball, and somehow didn't check the RBI box :lol:

4. TheLonelySquire

If you don't want me in your league just let me know, or you can remove me yourself. I have no problem with it if you think the competition would be too much.

5. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Team Dirtbag has officially joined.

DarkHelmet, get in on it you nancy boy!

TLS, hope you can make it in.

6. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm looking forward to it, and am Team The Freak Parade... I've never played fantasy anything before, so this will be a new experience. What happens if we aren't sure we will be around draft night?

7. Garak

You can go in to predraft ranking and rank your players according to what order you want to pick them - then the computer will pick for you according to who's availiable on your list.

Scout101, any rule changes or are we the same as last year?

8. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if I can win a week or two. Would be nice. :p

9. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Welcome back, you Dirtbag! Wanna try and grab Lynch again this year? I hear he's having a good offseason!

Seconded. Otherwise, where will all the Tom Cruise mocking come from? That's a lot of effort I don't want to have to put in :p

given that there's little love lost between the two of us, and what he thought about how I handle Fantasy Football (from the thread in TNZ), I've decided that it's probably better if he runs his league, and I run mine, and we keep it that way. That, and I just don't care to socialize with him. Better this way, as I don't need the agrivation, Fantasy Football is supposed to be fun. And there will be less bitching for the rest of you to have to deal with, so it's win-win, really.

It'll auto-draft you a team based upon "best" available players, and which positions you don't have filled yet. If you aren't sure if you'll be there, make sure to tweak your auto-rankings a bit. You can remove guys you don't want to draft, or if there's a guy you really want, you can rank him higher. When it's your turn to draft, it'll just grab the best available guy on your list, up to the maximum per position.

So far, exactly the same as last year. It allows you to just copy the settings from the previous year, so I hit that button. I haven't even looked at them, to be honest, but things ran pretty smoothly last year, i think, so I don't anticipate any big changes unless there's either a good reason or a lot of complaints....

Sorry, we didn't change THAT rule, either. Someone's gotta hold down the bottom of the rankings, otherwise we'd get topheavy with all of our big egos! I usually tend to do better in baseball than football, though, so may join you if things don't break right. Fantasy Football definitely seems to be a lot more "luck" oriented (game day decisions, key player gets injured in the 1st Q and doesn't come back, they just pass to the other WR all night, etc), so it's anyone's game, as long as you don't suck at drafting...

10. Garak

Not if I can get Benson!

Yeah it did run great last year, I had no problems with the stats or rules at all.

11. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I think he's available. And you won't even have to make a shady trade :p Well, the way autodraft works, you still might have to, but no one will have a problem with it (unless you're trading Benson away...

Yep, I've been running this one for a few years now, and with most of the same teams playing each year. Think we've got all the kinks worked out at this point. Will take a peek later, though, and always open to at least consider suggestions. As always, though, I reserve the right to veto suggestions and rule with an iron fist. And, of course, my punishments for cheating, laziness, or shady behavior will be both harsh and arbitrary :devil:

12. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

I've joined the AFC after playing the NFC for the last 2 years. I've already won in the NFC, so now it's time to win in the AFC as well to be crowned TrekBBS Fantasy Football champion :devil:

13. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm back as When Pegs Fly, so the rest of you will have to be content to fight it out for second place- First place is all mine!

14. Adm. Bonz

Adm. Bonz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm back to defend my title!

15. Nerroth

Nerroth Commodore Commodore

Are you going to add a section for the CFL also, or is this NFL only?

*Note: does not know wnough about the teams and/or players in either league to take part properly, in any event...*

16. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Nope, it's NFL only. And the "AFC" part is just to tell it apart from the other Yahoo league that will be popping up shortly. Rather than League 1 and League 2, we went with AFC and NFC. Since my league is obviously the superior one, we use the AFC designation.

As for the CFL... No fantasy football for what is effectively the minors. No fantasy Arena Football, either. As an amusing question, do the Canadians have Fantasy CFL, or do they just give in and do good ol' American football with us? :p

17. TheLonelySquire

I honored Scout's request and withdrew. Good luck to everyone this year.

18. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm back in as Cookstown!

Hopefully I'll get a better QB than Kitna this year!

19. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Sorry, Kitna has already been pre-drafted for you. Thought you'd be happy :(

Anywho, 3 spots left in the league, so if you want one, jump on in!

20. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet Admiral Admiral

I have no idea what my yahoo id is.. also, I have no idea what my info is to retrieve my password/userid as I probably made up some bullshit info.