Lost 5x08: "LaFleur"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, Mar 4, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

57.6%
  2. Above Average

31.8%
  3. Average

8.2%
  4. Below Average

1.2%
  5. Poor

1.2%
  1. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

With the white and black stones being a clue?

2. Vic Sixx

Vic Sixx Commodore Commodore

It was pretty good. I bit mushy in the Sawyer/Juliet lovey dovey department but that's okay. Sawyer got pretty high up in the Darma pecking order pretty quick, didn't he? And when did Sawyer learn about Mile's ability? Did that happen off camera?

3. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

I've begun to wonder if that maybe had something to do with Richard, or rather how responsive Richard was to him within those three years.

4. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And having knowledge of the future and a 2000's attitude wouldn't hurt.

5. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

We saw Juliet's bare back at the end...I can't remember, but shouldn't her 'brand' be visible? Or was that lower?

6. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was pretty low, but we probably should have been able to see it unless it has faded away or was healed by the island.

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Hmm, maybe with La Fleur in charge of Dharma Security the truce held through 1974-7, but then when they inevitably travel back to the present, the conflict resumes.

8. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

Above Average. Still a really good episode, but not quite up there with Ben killing Locke.

The teaser managed to be a total mindfuck- flashforward three years later and Sawyers been brainwashed by Dharma? Well not quite, but I laughed nevertheless. All of the 'Three Years Later' titles kept making me feel I was in for a flashback episode of Heroes but that bullet was dodged!

I loved seeing the statue again. I remember season 2's cliffhanger where my head exploded six or seven times, was the statue number two or three? I forget, but I always hoped to see a follow-up on it. This time-flashing malarky seems like a good oportunity for it.

Sawyer/Juliet seemed a bit mushy, but saw it coming really - they were both the Alpha Male/Female left behind, it just seemed inevitable. However Sawyer/Juliet is much better than Sawyer/Kate, which looks like its back at the end there.

9. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

Good episode. Now Locke needs to go through three years of hell before he and the others are all "synched up."

10. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

why?

11. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I'm still waiting for Darren Aronofsky to direct an episode, as was rumoured a long time ago. :bolian:

Nah, the heart and soul of the show were clearly Boone and Shannon. :angel: :angel:

12. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

Someone on the IMDb board also pointed out that Richard's initials are "Ra". Wonder if that's just a coincidence or not. Ra was also associated with the ankh.

13. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

As someone in the lunch room today reminded me, when one died their heart was weighed opposite a feather. If it weighed more than the feather you weren't on the GOOD list, and Anubis would devour you.

14. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Hrm, that could explain the "lists"

the more and more I am convinced Egyptian mythology plays a big part in this Island

15. chrisspringob

Tunisia (where the donkey wheel takes you) is also vaguely in the neighborhood of Egypt. Maybe ancient inhabitants of the Island transported themselves to Tunisia via the donkey wheel, and eventually made their way to Egypt, where they helped shape Egyptian mythology.

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

In ancient times, Egypt had contact with the people of Tunisia (though it wasn't called that at the time), and (according to Wikipedia) there were a couple pharaohs from the region, as well as contingents in the Egyptian army and priests in the Egyptian religion.

17. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Interesting

Ok, I'm going to go watch the episode again, just cause :D

18. chrisspringob

19. cubbie

cubbie Vice Admiral Admiral

Whoa!

20. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

The kids and I watched it again this morning. It struck me that perhaps Sawyer, if he had taken the sub ride to the mainland, could have made it to his childhood home and stopped his mother from getting conned and changing his own history. I know Daniel says it can't be done but if it were me I'd certainly want to try. Course I don't remember what year that all happened.