Buffy season nine discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're okay. Btw Joss Whdeon's Dark Horse panel goes from 3:00 pm to 4:00pm where he's supposed to give a sneak peak into season nine and talk about the future of Buffy digital comics. Much like last year I except Newsarama to cover it with their live blog.

2. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. Admiral_Young

That is really good.

4. DevilEyes

The title of the first arc of Angel & Faith is "Live Through This". It has been confirmed by Christos Gage on Twitter.

I'm guessing they called it after the Hole album. :techman: And that's after naming an arc in season 8 (also starring Faith) after a line from Sex Pistols' most famous song. :bolian:

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^That's cool. They should make naming arcs after songs a recurring theme.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  6. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

if they do story arcs it'll probably cover either the first five or six issues so they can put it in graphic novel. I can[t wait till this comes out. any idea if they will be a pannel at either sdccc or nyccc?

7. DevilEyes

Well, the upcoming Spike webcomic is titled "Magical Mystery Tour Featuring the Beetles"... :rommie:

They've moved from jazz standards("Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered", "I've Got You Under My Skin") and country ("I Fall to Pieces") on the shows, to rock, punk and grunge/alter rock in the comics. :)

Gage said it's going to be 4+1 - a 4-issue arc, then a standalone. I suppose that's how it's going to be for Buffy S9, too.

8. Admiral_Young

timothy I already posted Joss's Dark Horse pane time and day at comic con earlier in this thread. Please read threads before asking questions.

9. DevilEyes

10. Admiral_Young

Bleeding Cool also has highlights from the Joss panel. I'm interested that plot points from the proposed "Ripper" series will be included in "Angel and Faith" book. I'm guessing probably stuff written in Giles' Watcher's diary we'll be seeing is what Joss meant. The more I hear or read about "Angel and Faith" the more excited I am for it.

11. DevilEyes

Watching the actual video easily trumps reading someone's notes on it, which can miss the tone of some answers, or sometimes even report it wrongly since they don't know what he's talking about, as for instance in this paragraph:

LOL at "Spike and Angel romance" :lol: What the question was actually about is the season 8 e-comic "Always Darkest". I laughed when the guy who asked the question said it was about "Spike and Angel hooking up a bit" while failing to mention it was just a part of Buffy's dream, or rather nightmare, which also included the two of them blaming her for their respective deaths in Chosen and Becoming II, Caleb calling her a dirty girl that Spike and Angel won't bother with, and Buffy getting married (by Caleb) to skinless Warren in front of the congregation of various monsters plus Xander, Willow and Dark Willow, with Tara as the bridesmaid, telling her she blames her for her death. Joss said that Jo Chen wanted Caleb in the issue, and she wanted some 'yaoi' (boy love), and he said OK and built around that (and kudos for how he managed to make it all work).

Saying it was about Spike and Angel hooking up is kinda like saying that Restless was about the fling between Tara and Oz (since they flirted in Willow's dream).

12. timothy

I thought the pannel was great. had more crowd partispation this year than last.
    overal pretty good,though it did seem some of questions seemed to repeat themselves. can't wait for the dr. horrible sequal.

13. DevilEyes

14. timothy

that was fantastic thanks for that. more, more, moe.

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

great fragin interview.

15. DevilEyes

16. DevilEyes

17. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

18. DevilEyes

19. Admiral_Young

It's very possible that I'm looking forward more to "Angel and Faith" than I am season nine.

20. Admiral_Young

Finally got a chance to watch the full Joss SDCC panel and I love the way that he interacts with and treats the fans. Being a fan himself he probably understands the mentality of being one. He's just awesome.