First World Problems

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by teacake, Apr 15, 2013.

1. not

not Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Thanks for not playing a game -I'm a bit burnt. BTW, I had never heard of Chordoma and I spent some time today reading about it and discussing it with a friend -Thanks Tora

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Go to your profile, on the right there will be a box called Group Memberships. Once you enable TNZ you it will magically appear under Miscellaneous on the main page.

3. teacake

There have been rules or rumours (never was sure) about talking about TNZ on other parts of the board which is why you usually will get a few not-straight answers.

4. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

my old man bought a 1LE Camaro on Wednesday, it might get here tomorrow. Might.

5. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

I dropped a favorite earring in a pile of shoes tonight, and I CANNOT FIND IT. This actually made me ANGRY. I am STILL angry about it. I never get angry. Clearly there is something wrong with me. And I want to cry, because I really LOVE this pair of earrings. :( :scream:

6. teacake

Just think Sakrysta now you don't have to bother vacuuming because you will be waiting to find your earring!

7. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I can't decide whether to put a refrigerated "Philly Cheesesteak" sandwich, or Beef Tips With Mashed Potatoes entree, or instant Rice-a-Roni (the San Francisco treat) in the microwave, or whether to keep munching cinnamon flavored breakfast cereal. And my eyeglasses are dirty.

8. teacake

All blue cheese tastes like crap now since I ate half a pound of roquefort in two days. I'm dreaming about that stuff.

THE MILK OF SHEEP! A very satisfying improvement on the milk of human kindness.

9. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

It's too cool for the air conditioner and too warm for the heater, and when both of them are off, my house smells like pencil erasers.

10. teacake

There are no chips or anything else containing salty goodness.

11. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for checking out my chordoma info. :) I'm not surprised you'd never heard of it -- my internist basically said, "You've got a what? How do you spell that?" If I can interest you in donating to the Chordoma Foundation, let me know. Every tiny bit helps!

More rumor than rule. I happened to ask one of the mods about it recently, because I'd heard the rumor too, but I'd seen him (don't remember who it was now) referring to something that was said in TNZ. Anyway, my understanding is that we're just not supposed to continue conversations from there elsewhere, not that we can't even mention it.

Now, the reason I came back to this thread after a month...

I got a brochure for Shore Leave in the mail the other day. I've only gone once, even though it's only a half hour from my house. This year, Shatner and Spiner are both on the program. Cool, I think I'll go! And then I looked at the date... The only weekend in the foreseeable future that I have an obligation, an important family event out of state.

Grrr.

12. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Have you thought of, you know, like, opening a window?

13. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Red left turn signals when there's no oncoming traffic really raise my blood pressure.

14. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bought a new laser printer last week because I'm tired of buying inkjet cartidges that cost half what the printer itself cost just to print a damn baseball game ticket or grocery coupon every now and then. It works perfectly, but the damn power light is this blue LED that has lights up the entire corner of the apartment, and being a studio apartment, that makes sleeping rather difficult. So when I turn off my computer at night I also turn off the printer and then turn it back on when I need it. Sure, it probably saves on electricity but geez, what an inconvenience.

15. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why don't you just put a blob of blu tack over it?

16. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

A capful of fabric softener. All it takes to treat an entire load of laundry is one small capful of softener. Just fill it to the little line, and pour it into the washer. Is that what happens? No. Instead, my family uses gallons of it in a single load. Just pour indiscriminately... no, no, it's okay that we go through two bottles of softener a month when we could go through two bottles every six months. Yes, I'm sure that will soften the clothes admirably. No, don't pay attention to me, I'll just be over here in the corner, adding pudding to your shoes.

17. teacake

I've never used fabric softener. I think it's more popular in america than here.

And my clothes are SOFT GODDAMMIT!!

18. Pingfah

Impossible!

19. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Ditto on no fabric softener. My water supply just makes everything spring fresh :luvlove:. Plus airing outdoors makes a difference.

First world problems: too much choice; digital vs visceral/tangible; flight & hotel upgrades; built-in obsolescence; printer cartridges

20. Pingfah

It pisses me off that they keep releasing the vinyl edition of albums I want months after the CD version.