The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Taking a second look, it appears:

The person in the right foreground seems to be Daryl himself, as the leather jacket and color of the shirt looks like the clothes he's sported since it was introduced in S2, and throughout this season. I do not think that short piece of leather is the vest worn by Phillip. Something tells me this is likely the big scene where Daryl has to kill Merle--essentially a replay of the S2 Rick vs. Shane finale.

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Pretty good episode, but yeah, like a lot of people here I'm kinda itching for the battle to begin already.

And seriously, how do you not notice zombies walking up on you in a forest?? Unless it's incredibly dense with trees and foliage (which the one in this episode clearly wasn't), you should be able to see them coming a mile away.

Not to mention all the sticks and branches you'd hear them stepping on along the way. Those places are so quiet you can hear every little sound that's made.

3. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

why do people expect so much reality in a show about zombies? :lol:

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, it took almost the whole season, but at least Andrea has finally come to her senses.
    Is it bad that I was kind of hoping she would die?
    Overall, I enjoyed the episode. I liked the stuff with Tyrese and his sister, and the Andrea/Governor stuff was pretty good too.
    That last scene definitely gave me the impression that Milton torched the Walkers.

5. davejames

Oh it's not a dealbreaker or anything. But even in a fantasy or horror show like this, there are moments sometimes that strain credibility a little too much.

Especially when that show tries so hard to pretend that this is the real world it's taking place in.

6. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

I don't think it's about reality, it's that zombies always seem to pop up from just off camera. How can the character not see them, just because the audience can't?

Though the latest zombies appearing TWD look like they would be well camouflaged in a forest, being various shades of brown and gray now.

7. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I suppose that's possible too, certainly more preferable

8. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

No way am I touching those spoilers, although I'm VERY tempted.

In my opinion that episode did a lot to redeem Andrea. I loved the scene when she let out the zombies on the Governor, and then to get yanked back when she was so close to the prison...

Tyreese is badass, glad he's part of the show.

I think it was pretty clear that Milton was the one who torched the zombies (which looked very cool by the way) and it's nice to see him taking some action.

They're really loving the songs at the end of the episode recently! Can't believe there's only two episodes left. It doesn't seem enough.

9. Pavonis

I, too, think Milton torched the walkers, but why? It didn't destroy them, and arguably makes them a little scarier looking. Apparently they couldn't move anymore, so I guess it was effective as far as preventing the Governor from using them in an assault, but why burn them? I guess it had to be Milton; anyone else would've just shot the walkers. Only Milton would want to destroy them from a safe place.

10. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably more as a statement than anything, and it was his first act of rebellion, let's cut the guy a bit of slack ;)

I just read a review on IGN and they made a good point. Andrea kept talking about the good people of Woodbury, but she didn't actually warn any of them about the Governor (granted, if she had done they probably wouldn't have believed her), but it points to a general lack of development of the Woodbury population.

11. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Yeah, Milton burned up the Zombies and the Governor knows it. He's screwed. Andrea's not in a good place right now, either. As stupid as she's been, I hope she isn't tortured or killed.

Tyrese is cool. I hope he and his wife become part of the main group. I loved the scene where he was practicing shooting at the walkers. :rommie:

And what the hell does it take to kill the Governor? If I unleashed a horde of Zombies on someone, I would expect him to DIE. :rommie:

12. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

he probably never set a bunch of zombies on fire before so he didn't know they weren't going to die. I certainly expected them to be dead.

13. Pavonis

Even Milton knows the brain has to be destroyed to "kill" walkers. Though you would think the fire would be enough to thoroughly cook the brain, thus destroying it.

14. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I watched it too! It was so good, but so few people watched it. Such a disappointment.

15. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I seem to recall somewhere that Kirkman said if the burned hot and long enough to destroy the brain that fire would work. But I could be wrong.

In any event, Milton (or whomever) was probably trying to incapacitate the maximum number of walkers in the shortest amount of time. After all, it isn't like he could just go in and start firing off head shots without alerting people and he's hardly a Michonne or even Andrea when it comes to being stabbing them in the head.

16. davejames

Not sure if this is an upcoming storyline in the comics, but looking at the setup in Woodbury, I have to wonder why Rick and the gang aren't trying to do a similar thing themselves-- find a main street in some small town somewhere, block off either end to keep the walkers out, and then live comfortably inside. Doesn't seem all that complicated.

Obviously food would still be an issue, but the people of Woodbury obviously figured it out so they probably could too.

17. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At the time they came upon the prison, Rick had considerably less numbers for fortifying a position like that than the Gov. did. The protection the prison walls & cells offered seemed pretty worthwhile

18. James T. Vader

James T. Vader Lieutenant

19. Pavonis

I thought Andrea would make off with his truck, too, but then I realized that the Governor may have had the keys with him, and who knows if Andrea can hot wire a vehicle?

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Andrea should have at least slashed the truck's tires with her knife.