Spoilers DS9: Sacraments of Fire by DRGIII Review Thread

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Sho, Jun 20, 2015.

?

Rate Sacraments of Fire.

1. Outstanding

23 vote(s)
    33.8%
  2. Above Average

23 vote(s)
    33.8%
  3. Average

16 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. Below Average

3 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. Poor

3 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. Sho

Sho Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[​IMG]

It's been six months since the last DS9 novel; Una McCormack's The Missing was released on December 30th last year. David R. George III, no stranger to the series, has picked up the baton again, and Sacraments of Fire will continue to story on June 30th.

Blurb:

2. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Over at the pocket books site they have a chapter excerpt from Sacraments of Fire after reading it yesterday I can't wait to read the rest of this story. Also David George said on Face book he was making editorial changes to the second draft of Ascendance and was talking to the editors about future book projects. I hope this means some more future Ds9 books :bolian:

3. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

They do?

A link, a link; my kingdom for a link!

EDIT: I neglected my pre-orders again. I've just ordered it now, and apparently it will be here quite soon...

I'm interested if this will flesh out the rest of the period in which The Fall takes place. Will we see, for example, the introduction of the embargo against Andor and the subsequent blockade around the Andor system? Not centre-stage of course, but as something commented on by the characters? That might help compensate for one of the weaknesses of that otherwise rather strong series.

4. tenmei

tenmei Commodore Commodore

On a side note - did we get a description of what the new Ops looks like? I've still been picturing the old Ops but with Starfleet-style consoles etc.

5. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

6. Deranged Nasat

7. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

Looks like another winner from DRG.

As a nice aside, the reference to Galion is from the TNG Dominion War books!

8. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I have my copy on pre-order. :)

9. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I just checked on my pre-order, and it's showing that it just shipped from the warehouse yesterday. So it'll be at the store on Tuesday (the Coles near me receives their orders on Tuesdays and Thursdays).

10. Jarvisimo

Jarvisimo Captain Captain

I'm super excited for this; the preview was very good (although I couldn't see the bottom 4 lines of each page, I think). It's definitely a return to the tautness that Revelation and Dust ended on. I wonder how DRG has unified his text with the rest of The Fall and The Missing - do you think it's a narrow timeframe, or something which covers several months?

11. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I pre ordered this book and can't wait to read the rest of the story it definitely mentions important ds9 tv episodes in the chapter preview.I look forward to seeing how the rest to of the story turn out.:cool:

12. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

Mine's digitally preordered, last time iBooks got it an hour or so before midnight. The 30th's my last day of vacation, including a 2 1/2 hour plane ride that now will be spent near the wormhole, I presume. :D

13. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

It's a crying shame that they are slow to release new DS9 novels in Germany. Some of them are plannes, but there is no release date.

I'm sure that DRG III does a great job of continuing the DS9 storyline. I will read it of course, even if it'll take some time.

14. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

I suppose mine will be downloaded next week.

15. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

50 pages in, good sofar, to early to tell.

Fun little attempt to fix the editing mistake from Revelations and Dust, where Kira saw the Robinson in the wormhole, when it should have been Defiant.

16. BritishSeaPower

BritishSeaPower Captain Captain

Here's hoping I enjoy this one more than Revelations and Dust. We'll see if B&N has it in stock on Thursday/Friday like they normally do.

17. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

It's out early at my local Chapters, so i'm heading out the door!

18. Deranged Nasat

I've received an email from Book Depository saying that it's on its way. The excerpt was promising, and I'm looking forward to this. :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  19. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Coles had them on the shelf Monday.

20. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It was described in the early chapters of Revelation and Dust (I think it was the chapter about Blackmer).

In it they say its a lot like the bridge of a Starship, but inverted and looking toward the center of the room instead of outward.