Kick-Ass 2 -Movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics. ect.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, May 24, 2012.

1. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

If there's a scene like this in Dumb & Dumber To I'm gonna shit.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeUYSWGYRRs[/yt]

2. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

To be fair that scene you posted is a fantasy of the character. Most of the violence in Kick-Ass 2 won't be a fantasy.

I'm still perplexed at why he is taking this stance. The only thing I can think of is they still have that one thing we (who've read the book) all thought they took out.*

That's the only way I could imagine that Sandy Hook would have any impact on him relating to the movie.

*I'd use spoiler code but I forgot how to, plus anyone who's read the book knows what I'm talking about.

3. Admiral James Kirk

I do know. I'm about 99.9% certain that's not in the movie. I mean the Sophia thing got cut. The Katie thing got cut. Why wouldn't the iCarly Fan scene get cut?

4. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Carrey has become a bitter old attention whore. Kudos to Millar for calling him out.

5. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Carrey said specifically that Sandy Hook changed his "heart." Millar either couldn't understand Carrey's few words or just chose to ignore them. I guess it's easier to lie than make an argument. It's Millar who comes off very badly, not Carrey.

As for Carrey himself, it's a crime that he spoiled the movie by telling people it was too violent. He should have his dick and balls cut off and stuffed down his throat! He should have this twitter fingers nailed to his iphone! Then Kick-Ass fans should piss on him and shit on him, then graciously dry him out with a flamethrower!

6. Admiral James Kirk

It's amazingly convenient that Sandy Hook so shocked and appalled Carrey that he can't support Kick-Ass 2 but the Aurora shootings didn't keep him from signing on the dotted line in the first place.

It was all about getting his movie made. That's all it ever was. Fuck everyone else if Carrey's happy, I guess.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It does seem a little weird that Carey waited so long to suddenly come out and say this. You'd think if Sandy Hook had this much of an effect on him, that he wouldn't have waited 7 months to talk about it. I'm definitely wondering if he is purposefully trying to sabotage the movie now.

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Even if he is trying to sabotage the movie, it won't work. Thanks to the first one and the graphic novels, there's already a built-in audience which should guarantee it breaks even at least. And all Jim Carrey's really doing is drawing attention to the movie. "Holy shit, Jim Carrey's trashing his new movie. What's it about? Hey, it sounds kind of cool, let's check it out."

I'm not trying to suggest this is all part of a convoluted ploy to generate sales, as I don't really believe in those kind of conspiracy theories. I'm just saying I don't believe the film's box office sales are going to be hurt because of this.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  9. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, this got a round table on BBC1's breakfast TV show this morning thanks to Carrey, otherwise this film would never have gotten a mention on such a show, let alone had experts brought in to discuss what he said.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah. If he was attempting to sabotage the movie, I think it's already backfired. The news has been making the rounds pretty quickly and thoroughly.

11. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Which was probably his plan all along. MWUAHHAAHAAHAHAAA

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I've written off Jim Carrey after he stunk up Batman Forever.

His desperate attempt at an Oscar with Eternal Sunshine only made him more of a joke to me.

13. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

He's made Truman Show, Man on the Moon and The Majestic since Batman Forever, all 3 of which are good movies.

14. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Everyone stunk up Batman Forever. The only good thing about Batman Forever are the first 5 minutes, before Tommy Lee Jones goes crazy.

15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

16. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

The reviews I've read have been mostly positive.

17. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw it last night. Here's my spoiler-free review .

I really enjoyed it. Hit Girl had the stronger character arc though. I do have a few issues with it but it had plenty of good stuff going for it. Christopher Mintz-Plasse was hilarious!

18. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Hit-Girl most likely got the stronger arc out of this movie because they not only adapted the Kick-Ass 2 comic, they also adapted the Hit-Girl miniseries. Which if you're unfamiliar with it, was a five issue mini that took place in between Kick-Ass and Kick-Ass 2.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

THey aren't great, but some of the reviews on Metacritic are better.

20. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral