Will the Doctor have more children

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by G2309, Oct 3, 2012.

1. G2309

G2309 Captain Captain

I wonder the Doctor will ever have more children. It seems the best hope for the timelord race at least for another generation. But how would they handle him as a parent?
    I wonder if he's thought about it much as he knows River's time grows short.
    It would be an interesting change for the Doctor just like seeing him as a married man has been.

2. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

He's been married before. A few times. They didn't really change him that much. River is something new for him. After traveling with his in-laws, maybe he does want kids. Who knows?

Still wanting to see Susan again for the 50th.

3. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yup, and it'd be nice for him to run into Jenny again too, even if she's played by a different actress. It kinda feels unfinished, the way they had her regenerate at the end of The Doctor's Daughter and then never revisted her story.

4. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Moff's got something planned with her. And we know he sprinkles things in years ahead of when he'll use them. She'll be back. Otherwise, why let her live? And why tell us that her fate was changed?

5. Sindatur

Yea, that was my hope

Love your Halloween Costume btw

6. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

River did mention that she hadn't seen the Doctor's crib in a while. Maybe she didn't mean when she slept in it.

7. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

True.

I have found it odd that, since learning that River is a fellow Time Lord (or at least mostly so) and that he's finally married her, why he hasn't shown any inclination towards the concept of breeding with her. Especially after knowing her fate and the absolutely desperate way he behaved with the Master during the Toclafane story.

8. Sindatur

How do you know that? For all we know after the cameras went off, they may have "Swung from the Chandaliers". In this last episode, they definitely were acting married, and fully acknowledging the marriage

Considering his lifestyle, it wouldn't surprise me if he had no interest in producing a child(ren), but, we don't know that to be a fact

9. Mister Fandango

Uhm, because until we get some kind of evidence, that's patently not the case.

Otherwise, he's likely also a serial killer who enjoys slashing the throats of children when he's not on screen. After all, there's no evidence that he's not out doing it as we speak, no?

10. Sindatur

There's no evidence to lead you to believe he is a Serial Killer who enjoys slitting children's throats. but, there is evidence that he does consider himself married and is happy with River being his wife.

11. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This. They're both married adults, the Doctor likes her, and has apparently matured beyond "golly, gosh wow!" reaction to her from the previous two seasons. And we all know how frisky she tends to be. They're both hurting, and have plenty of time free alone together.
    Unless a Sontaran in a wedding dress suddenly beams into the console room, or they're rammed by the Lusitania, I see no reason to believe there isn't a bit of hanky panky in the Tardis between now and the Christmas story.

Not sure what to think of about the Doc having children though.

12. Mister Fandango

Sure there is. On many occasions he's lured children (a mere fraction of his age) into his va... TARDIS with the promise of fun and adventure, only to have them wind up dead not long thereafter. There's no reason to believe he doesn't like killing them himself. Heck, just look at how much more comfortable he is about being a violent psychopath (from outright running up to punch someone out, to committing the genocide of his own race, to vaporizing old men with missiles).

See, I can play that game of making-logic-up, too.

Consumating a marriage is a purely human concept. He's barely been shown to be comfortable kissing her since the marriage. Of course, he's also been implied to be a sex hound lately, too, but mostly with historical figures like Cleopatra far more than anything we've seen with River.

That said, I'm still not sure how it's okay to make things up if it suits your personal argument, but not when it's contrary to it. Until there's actual evidence suggesting it directly, it's just not true at all, no matter how many people agree with you. Argumentum ad populum, no?

13. Sindatur

Many occasions? That's a bit unfair, in Classic who we only have:

Sarah Kingdom (I haven't seen/heard it, but acknowledge her sacrifice)

Adric

Adric's Brother (And any others of his gang that might have died), if you want to count it (He was saved from certain death, and pirated the ship, before he ended up dying after the Hijacked trip)

In NuWho we have

DoctorDonna should be considered, although Donna lived, she stayed the same selfish shrew she started as, and probably got worse, considering she became Nouveau Riche and the Donna who became DoctorDonna died, just as Tuvix did

Astrid never traveled

Jack got immortality, but, as we were told in Classic Who it becomes a curse, and he became Undead/unable to die

Rory Pond-Williams who died numerous times, but, it never stuck

Amy Pond-Williams (Amy who waited was erased, Ganger Amy and Manhattan Angels Amy), but that never stuck

Melody Pond-Williams transferred into The Library World, and from the Doctor's perspective she never traveled)

Did I miss anyone? Based Upon this list, I'm not sure I'd credit your "many" accusation with as many as 4. ;)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  14. MistbornFreak

MistbornFreak Cadet Newbie

Well, there's the theory that Oswin is the Doctor's Daughter. . . although I don't know that it has all that much going for it. I mean, there's this picture, but really, it's not much at all. And the only thing that's the same is the chair.

[​IMG]

Kinda hope she is, though, it might prove to be an interesting dynamic, that.

15. G2309

G2309 Captain Captain

We haven't seen him married before have we. I'm slowly watching more of the old series.
    Interesting theory with Oswin.

In the last episode he talked about not wanting things to end so he might want children so that he leaves something when he dies. But then he might worry that he wouldn't be able to protect them.

16. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

They'll protect him.

17. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Do we know *anything* about the Doctor's child/Children?*

*I mean in the series not the books or other spin-off literature.

18. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

No, we don't even know if Susan was the Doctor's son's daughter or if she was the Doctor's daughter's daughter.

19. G2309

G2309 Captain Captain

I wonder what her parents thought of her leaving with the Doctor. Maybe we will see her again.

20. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

The way the Doctor is regenerating younger these days, he will be his own child soon. lol