Starship FARRAGUT: Conspiracy of Innocence

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Bixby, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Which would lead to another multiple-year delay in production and take more rent money to house. But you could be right.

2. batboy853

batboy853 Captain Captain

I would think it would be a great idea for them to build their own. hopefully they would be building it with okudagrams, IE the look of the bridge at the end of the voyage home, this could allow the bridge to be easily redressed to an early TNG feel by just changing the LCARS graphics. IE the TWOK bridge was redressed to the TNG battle bridge / Stargazer Bridge

I can very easily see them building these sets and then allowing other films use them / rent. I thought they were already lending out their TOS sets to another film...

3. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

The MU episode sounds fun but the movie era stuff is music to my ears, after they teased last year with in-costume Facebook photos.

This is from Trekmovie.com:

I appreciate how the 5YM era is the easiest to recreate but it will be nice to see the movie era for a change. It is a favourite of mine! I have yet to see Conspiracy of Innocence but if they keep the quality up it will be a treat! 3 shows from 1 group is very ambitious!

The sets in Washington DC will be exciting to see and I feel it is a huge door opening in the world of fan films.

Continues and Farragut feel very different despite having virtually the same production crew - am I the only one who predicts a full-blown crossover is inevitable? Maybe for Trek's 50th?? Which era will it be in though?

4. Lord Garth FOI

Lord Garth FOI Commander Red Shirt

I liked it though not as much as the previous episode
    I enjoyed the creepy catspaw vibe with a dash of village of the damned tossed in. Could have used I think another 5-10 minutes to dial up the menace and peril which would have made the payoff resolution that much more punchy
    Minor nitpicks would be the cast are getting alarmingly rounder with each episode and the acting seemed flatter than the previous episode as well.
    The space cgi effects are not up to par with the other major fan productions.
    I have a soft spot for Farragut so the criticism comes from a place of love especially after the previous and animated episodes where I think they really hit their stride.

5. jojolimited

jojolimited Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

He's really grown into the role of captain. Big difference from the early movies. Congrats on this one!

6. jojolimited

jojolimited Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I got the impression Paul had moved away from anything Trek. good to see he is still interested. Since I live in the "DC" area, I know rent is really expensive up here, even for bare warehouse space. Hope they can pull it off. If they stay in MD costs should be more reasonable. If they start a KS or Indiegogo campaign to raise funds for a set, I'll donate.

7. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I watched CONSPIRACY again over the weekend and wanted to mention 2 things:

(1) In the teaser Capt. Carter wore a new tunic that apart from the slanted cut was less like the familiar wraparound tunic and almost the same as a regular duty uniform.

(2) Starship Farragut the production seems to be moving away from featuring almost exclusively the three leads of Carter- Smithfield-Tackett, with mostly anonymous ship's complement. Now it seems they want to fill the screen with recurring faces all at once, with differing levels of success:

Stehler, the bald comm officer is to me the most appropriate addition, with a great look and no-nonsense line delivery.

Logan the helmsperson, the other holdover from PRICE OF ANYTHING, looked better in blue than in yellow IMHO, good look but I could do without the forced jokes.

Weston the security chief just seems like a humourless version of Paul Sieber's Prescott. Actually they played him more like the Captain's bodyguard than the ship's security supervisor. I realize they couldn't play him like Exeter's Cutty at a bridge station, but I hope the party pooper aspect gets played down.

Derham the ship's doctor: she seems pleasant enough, but her scene was really shoehorned and unnecessary. Did she really need to show up at the transporter room to basically say ''take more readings''? In a real TOS episode, there would have been a follow-up to this, but here it's a distraction from the plot.

Dupree the transporter chief: I've already mentioned her ''accent'', and I don't know where the continuing ''ladies getting lost in work discussions/annoying the boss''schtick is going to go...recurring gag? one-time thing?

Foster the science officer: new role for Frank Hernandez, which is a good thing. Capable and professional, here's hoping they make him distinctive like Spock and Exeter's Harris in future installments. Only quibble: Lieutenant Foster? the man is not that old, but he's no spring chicken either. Shouldn't he have reached a higher rank than Lt. if he's that competant?

Morris the navigator: not much to make him stand out here, he was more like a Hadley than a Chekov this time out.

8. Bixby

Farragut Productions has started a Kickstarter campaign to finance their forthcoming Mirror Universe episode. What is noteworthy is that the CROSSING will be a 90 minute episode.

9. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

Cool, I wish them luck. The more good stuff we get the better.

10. Barbreader

The links to their Kickstarter are on both their Facebook page and their dedicated page at Star Trek Reviewed.

11. Bixby

With 12 days to go, Farragut Productions is about 400$ away from their target goal to finance their next episode. Would love to see them make 400% of their target, but this is fine as well.

Can't wait to see Paul Sieber's Prescott in action again (team him up with B'fuselek in a buddy cop adventure!!! :rommie:)

12. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

They've since cleared their goal and will get funded. Hopefully this will give them a leg up on future episodes as well. IMHO they've improved every time out and the best way to keep improving is to keep producing. Here's wishing the best to the good crew and captain well-seasoned!

13. T'var

T'var Ensign Red Shirt

Starship Farragut: The Crossing.
    Funded six days ago.
    Way past the intended goal as well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/265092982/starship-farragut-the-crossing?ref=discovery

This is my first discovery of the web series.
    Haven't seen any of them yet.
    Judging by the previous contents, I'm in for a good ride.

This is also my first discovery of the Farragut Festival.
    I live about 45 minutes away from them and never heard of it.
    I'm completely out of touch with society.

14. Barbreader

15. Bixby

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  16. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

This is their "backdoor pilot" for Trek Isolation (whatever that's supposed to mean) and was posted last week over on Facebook.

17. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Sorry, but... AUGH! STOP CROSSING THE DAMNED LINE!

18. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hope he'll work on his delivery. It just feels weird to see a TOS character act like a regular guy from our era.

19. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Rewatching the short, some interesting things I noted...

--Broughton dyed his hair to look darker, which could suggest his character is meant to be younger. Too, we don't see Tacket or Smithfield in the short. But they do make reference to Prescott having left, which we know took place previously but between Farragut episodes released in the past few years when Paul Sieber moved over to New Voyages, so it's unlikely this is set in Farragut's past. Gerico references it's been five years he's been on Farragut, and that's about the same amount of time that's passed since Sieber left, so we can deduce I think that Farragut's timeline is moving along at about the same rate as real time if that interpretation is correct.

--If Frank Hernandez' character is the chief science officer on Farragut now (as implied by his conversation with Gerico in the transporter room), it makes me wonder what happened to Tacket? Is he no longer with Farragut?

--As Maurice stated, the camera is all over the place, mostly in the transporter room scene at the end. Ugh.

--I agree, Moran's performance is unpolished and much more "modern" than what we're used to seeing from a TOS era production. Hopefully with some work he'll improve.

20. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Not to be too critical, but I don't agree about Moran's performance being "modern". His clothing and haircut are the only "modern" things there (distractingly). The performance suffers from a common untrained actor problem: he doesn't know what to do with his hands, and keeps flapping them around at his side.

The turbolift scene is the worst in terms of shooting because it's all shot in pure profile and it's visually dead. I can live with crossing the line more than I can with not being able to see the actors' eyes clearly.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014