Rare Star Trek Photos for September 2008

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Frontier, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Still "a man of my word" folks! :evil:

For the third month in a row, a new Rare Photos special.

I'll give you the link now, before you kill for talking too much: http://trekcore.com/specials/thumbnails.php?album=26

When you've come back here, though, I've got some news. Good news!

Now, like it or not, eventually I will run out of material for Rare Photos to be such a regular event. I'm lucky to have been sitting on a stockpile of images the size of a small boat for a while now. But that won't last forever.

So I've taken steps to ensure that we have as much visual fun with Star Trek as we can. To that end, I'm going to be doing two more specials as spin-offs of Rare Photos. I'm not 100% sure on their release schedule yet; been doing a lot of last minute work on this months edition so I've not had much time to work things out.

What I can tell you is the topics of the other two specials.

The first, I'm currently calling "Casual Crew" but... I'm iffy on the name. As it suggests though, it will be a gallery of photos of our beloved Star Trek actors like we don't normally get to see them -- out of costume and out of character. The photos will generally be professional photos rather than, say, convention snap shots. But they'll be of the various members of the various series from before, during, and after Star Trek.

The second, I don't even have a working name for. The topic of it will be a complete exploration of the various publicity photos in a seasonal/theme basis. So say, all of the 6th season cast photos from Deep Space 9. I'll be showing you the entire run for a given season of a given show, and will do my best to provide you with all the alternate shots as well. For example, there are at least 2 versions of the 6th season Sisko shot, and 3 versions of Jadzia. I'll also answer questions you might have but never knew you did, lol, like "How come there isn't a photo of so-and-so in this set?" and so forth.

Soooooooo... there you go!

Enjoy Rare Photos 12. I'm almost done 13, and 14 and 15 are in the pipeline already too. So the rest of this year is a done deal. :techman:

Oh, and a question: I've got a MASSIVE abundance of Voyager stuff. Like... more than I knew I had! It's been driving me nuts because I haven't wanted to do more than a handful of Voyager images per special. That said, if I keep limiting myself to only a handful per edition... eventually we'll just have a "Rare Voyager Photos" special full time because of the back-log! LOL. So do you guys mind too much if I do, say, 8 or 9 Voyager photos per the (now standard) 36 of a given article? Is that too much?

If anyone has any DS9 or ENT rare materials... get them to me! They're the hardest subjects to find. TOS, TNG, VGR - lots of stuff. DS9, ENT - not so much. :( Even if you just know where I might find stuff - old magazines or something - let me know. I'll find said old magazine somehow. :)

2. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks, Frontier.
    I'm loving these rare pics.
    :bolian:

3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Now, that would have been an interesting job to have.

4. Frontier

Make sure to check the back issues if you've not! ;)

Why do you think Westmore personally applied her spots every day, for every episode, for 6 years? ;) :drool: SMART MAN!

5. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Great stuff, as always!

I'm lovin' the Frazier Trek picture - there is much hotness there.

:D

6. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

[​IMG]

:p

Seriously though, that's a great Frasier picture. I thought about using it as an avatar but couldn't come up with a decent avocado reference. :D

7. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Dammit, I Zee'd when I should have Ess'd!

:D

8. JNG

JNG Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command Rear Admiral

9. Frontier

Yep. That's from that skit they did at the 30th anniversary tribute thing back in '96. Wish we had Niles and Martin, too. Ha! :lol:

That picture is really perplexing to me. I can not identify where it's from. There is no way to date it. The gray in the beard makes me lean towards Nemesis, but he looks younger than that. The hair style doesn't quite match any of the films, either. I'd love to know the story behind it.

10. James Bond

James Bond Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Love the Daphne and Roz one, and pretty much every Deanna one is gorgeous too.

11. M'Sharak

Absolutely. Some things are just too important to delegate. :techman:

Also:

Post the Voyager pics. I know that there's a lot of good material -- probably more than from any of the preceding series and maybe more even than from Enterprise.

12. Frontier

Okey Dokey. ;)

13. K'riq Sa

K'riq Sa Commodore

The Frasier one is funny....

K'riq

14. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

Are those two particular Trek fans? They look very crisp in uniform. Thanks.

15. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Troi looks like a hooker in that TNG cast photo - look at the long nails. Were those photos pre-production because the uniforms look really shiny.

16. M'Sharak

Members of the cast of Frasier, anyway. I don't remember whether they were fans, particularly, but I'm sure the uniforms were quite professionally done.

(apologies for the lousy video quality)

17. Frontier

LOL!

Yeah, that was one of the very first TNG cast photos. If you notice, Data's smiling, and of course no Worf, as he wasn't added until the last moment. There is another very early cast photo that also has Roddenberry, Justman, and Berman included. I'll have a great hi-res of that in a future edition, as I own a 11x14 photo of it. ;)

But hey, it was 1987. The hair, the nails... Troi was the "cosmic cheerleader" at that point, remember? :lol:

18. Frontier

Well, if you recall, a number of cast from 'Cheers' had appeared in Trek over the years. Kelsey Grammar as Morgan Bateson, Bibi Neuwerth as that alien doctor who made Riker do her before she would help him escape, Kirstie Alley got her start as Saavik. So having the Fraiser folks -- Fraiser being a top-rated show produced by Paramount at the time -- do a Trek skit like that was sort of an outside in-joke. :lol:

19. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

20. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

^ I just love love love how David Hyde Pierce is pushing buttons on the console. :lol: Pure comedy genius.

Frontier, you don't incidentally have an image of David Hyde Pierce in Starfleet uniform just like the one of Jane Leeves and Peri Gilpin? Now that would make for a grandiose avatar. :D